URGENT Call to Action on Campus-Carry

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

UTMacGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: URGENT Call to Action on Campus-Carry

Post by UTMacGuy »

As a staff member for UT for over 20 years now, I did my part to help get campus carry passed.

Here's my favorite line:

"The issue here isn’t about what CHL holders will do if there is another gunman on campus or how Tommy or Tammy will feel when taking a test and thinking Johnny has a gun on him – the issue is about responsible citizens that work in a university setting, being afforded the same rights to defend and protect themselves that are already extended to those working outside the university."
SIG P320 Carry, CZ P07, M1 Carbine, SIG522, CZ75 owner
11/29/10 Plastic in Hand - 21 days

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jasonw560 »

UTMacGuy wrote:As a staff member for UT for over 20 years now, I did my part to help get campus carry passed.

Here's my favorite line:

"The issue here isn’t about what CHL holders will do if there is another gunman on campus or how Tommy or Tammy will feel when taking a test and thinking Johnny has a gun on him – the issue is about responsible citizens that work in a university setting, being afforded the same rights to defend and protect themselves that are already extended to those working outside the university."
:thumbs2: can I use that? gonna fax Eddie #2 tonight.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jasonw560 »

:banghead: All this time I thought I was in Lucio 3's district...I'm (literally) on the other side of the road from it.

Time to bug Rep. Jose Lozano now...
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RPB »

TrueFlog wrote:As I understand it, suspending the (Senate 2/3) rule (so only 16 are needed to suspend the rules, on a Wednesday or Thursday) will only benefit bills that have already passed the House. It can't be used to advance bills that originated in the Senate. So in order for this to help us out, we still have to get HB 750 out of Calendars.

Correct

See number 2 here at the link provided below

Yes I know it says "Here are 3 things you can do"

I know it was written by a UT Grad (Doctoral) Student

I know the 3 things are numbered:

so see both number 2s

(Looks like Mr Woods really likes doing "Number 2" ... I'd say more, but ... 13 year old daughter forum rule)

But, disregarding all that, see what they are doing by examining all his "number 2s" especially the one closest to the bottom.

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=211 ... d57fb711c8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Make the calls/faxes/e-mails ...
Thank you for letting me know your support for HB 750 which passed out of the House Homeland Security and Public Safety Committee favorably. HB 750 was considered in the House Calendars Committee on April 21 and does not yet have a consensus. As a Co-author of HB 750, I will continue to work with my colleagues on getting this legislation scheduled for consideration on the House floor. Once again, thank you for contacting me and please let me know whenever I may be of assistance to you.
Regards,
Jim Keffer
State Representative
Make the calls/faxes/e-mails ...
Calendar committee was supposed to meet again Monday I believe, but then called their meeting earlier yesterday from the House Floor. here's the minutes from yesterday's Calendars meeting
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/ ... 600001.HTM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
April 21st Calendar meeting Minutes

Representative Hunter moved that the following measures not be placed on the calendar at this time: HB 14, HB 32, HB 107, HB 331, HB 621, HB 710, HB 750, HB 964, HB 1278, HB 1319, HB 1429, HB 1448, HB 1801, HB 1821, HB 2248, HB 2282, HJR 19, HJR 56, HCR 27, HCR 85.

The motion prevailed without objection.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/ ... 100001.HTM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
===========================
See the above post and make the calls/faxes/e-mails ... only squeaky wheels get greased. Woods is squeaking ... see all his number 2 here http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=211 ... d57fb711c8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Call Chairman Hunter.

Chairman Todd Hunter (R-Corpus Christi): 512-463-0672 http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/me ... session=82" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then
Contact members of Calendars.
http://www.house.state.tx.us/committees ... session=82" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

warhorse10_9

Post by warhorse10_9 »

SB 354 passed the senate today as an amendment to SB 1581

See topic:viewtopic.php?f=90&t=44918

:woohoo
:thewave
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

warhorse10_9 wrote:SB 354 passed the senate today as an amendment to SB 1581

See topic:viewtopic.php?f=90&t=44918
And the house threw us to the wolves.

CLEAN THE TEXAS HOUSE IN 2012

:txflag: :txflag: :txflag: :txflag: :txflag: :txflag: :txflag:
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”