SB 354 motion on the Senate floor ...

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 1

Re: SB 354 motion on the Senate floor ...

Post by der Teufel »

Jasonw560 wrote:
I'm going to send Wentworth a nice letter on Tuesday thanking him for doing such a great job on this.

I had the same thought. I've got mine in an envelope with a stamp on it, ready to go out in tomorrow's mail.

He's had a bit of a bad time of things, I'm sure he'll appreciate a few kind words of encouragement.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

katiethompson
Posts in topic: 7

Post by katiethompson »

Great idea - I'm definitely doing the same thing. (It's sort of a shame we so often only think to write/call our representatives when we're mad at them!)
"When a man who is honestly mistaken nears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -Thomas Paine

Smily

Post by Smily »

katiethompson wrote:Great idea - I'm definitely doing the same thing. (It's sort of a shame we so often only think to write/call our representatives when we're mad at them!)
:iagree: :iagree:

Welcome to TexasCHLForum Katie!

-Smily

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 10

Post by RPB »

Smily wrote:
katiethompson wrote:Great idea - I'm definitely doing the same thing. (It's sort of a shame we so often only think to write/call our representatives when we're mad at them!)
:iagree: :iagree:

Welcome to TexasCHLForum Katie!

-Smily
/me nominates @TexasGrizzlette Katie Thompson #BestTweeter4CampusCarry&StuffinGeneralAward
katiethompson wrote:Does anyone have a list of who voted no?
Journal/Record vote still not up yet Saturday morning http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... Bill=SB354" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Welcome

:tiphat: :txflag:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

katiethompson

Post by katiethompson »

Thanks for the welcome, y'all! :) :mrgreen:
"When a man who is honestly mistaken nears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -Thomas Paine

katiethompson

Post by katiethompson »

Oh, and the nomination is appreciated too... What do I get if I win? ;-)

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 10

Post by RPB »

katiethompson wrote:Oh, and the nomination is appreciated too... What do I get if I win? ;-)
"rlol"

hmmmm new hat? Great for kayak fishing, outdoor shooting range safety, cart gathering, tire changing on freeways at night safety ... also gets compliments from all high schoolers and other. :coolgleamA: people :biggrinjester:

no color choice ... I only have orange; I bought a case of them ... I had yellow one too ... niece "borrowed" it ... haven't seen it in a year
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

katiethompson

Post by katiethompson »

RPB wrote: "rlol"

hmmmm new hat? Great for kayak fishing, outdoor shooting range safety, cart gathering, tire changing on freeways at night safety ... also gets compliments from all high schoolers and other. :coolgleamA: people :biggrinjester:
Hmm... Orange isn't really my color, but that is pretty snazzy!

klouierocks

Post by klouierocks »

katiethompson wrote:
RPB wrote: "rlol"

Hmm... Orange isn't really my color, but that is pretty snazzy!
uh oh now I get to see you on facebook and here

:cheers2: welcome fellow LOTR nerd ;)

katiethompson

Post by katiethompson »

RPB wrote:
not yet
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... Bill=SB354" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S Record vote 05/20/2011
Bill: SB 354 Legislative Session: 82(R)

A vote was taken on this legislation, but the vote information is currently unavailable for display.

Once the journal for this day is available, the vote link will reference the official vote information in the journal.
Found the list of nays to suspend the rules: Davis, Ellis, Gallegos, Hinojosa, Lucio, Rodriguez, Uresti, Van de Putte, Watson, West, Zaffirini. Carona absent. No big surprises there...
And greetings, LOTR nerd! :mrgreen:

Hoi Polloi

Post by Hoi Polloi »

katiethompson wrote:Oh, and the nomination is appreciated too... What do I get if I win? ;-)
There's also a nifty CHL badge, sash, coat, and tiara combo set you can be entered in the drawing for. Lots of competition for that one, though.

:lol::
Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you. -St. Augustine
We are reformers in Spring and Summer; in Autumn and Winter we stand by the old;
reformers in the morning, conservers at night. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

CWOOD

Post by CWOOD »

katiethompson wrote:
RPB wrote:
not yet
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... Bill=SB354" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S Record vote 05/20/2011
Bill: SB 354 Legislative Session: 82(R)

A vote was taken on this legislation, but the vote information is currently unavailable for display.

Once the journal for this day is available, the vote link will reference the official vote information in the journal.
Found the list of nays to suspend the rules: Davis, Ellis, Gallegos, Hinojosa, Lucio, Rodriguez, Uresti, Van de Putte, Watson, West, Zaffirini. Carona absent. No big surprises there...
And greetings, LOTR nerd! :mrgreen:

Click on the link as the recorded vote is now posted.

apostate
Posts in topic: 3

Post by apostate »

Here's the record vote on Campus Safety. (aka Civil Rights on Campus)

Yeas: Birdwell, Deuell, Duncan, Eltife, Estes, Fraser, Harris, Hegar, Huffman, Jackson, Nelson, Nichols, Ogden, Patrick, Seliger, Shapiro, Wentworth, Whitmire, Williams.
Nays: Davis, Ellis, Gallegos, Hinojosa, Lucio, Rodriguez, Uresti, Van de Putte, Watson, West, Zaffirini.
Absent-excused: Carona.

As a student, I believe that's how gun owners should vote in 2012. If they voted Nay on self defense, vote Nay on them.

katiethompson

Post by katiethompson »

apostate wrote:Here's the record vote on Campus Safety. (aka Civil Rights on Campus)

Yeas: Birdwell, Deuell, Duncan, Eltife, Estes, Fraser, Harris, Hegar, Huffman, Jackson, Nelson, Nichols, Ogden, Patrick, Seliger, Shapiro, Wentworth, Whitmire, Williams.
Nays: Davis, Ellis, Gallegos, Hinojosa, Lucio, Rodriguez, Uresti, Van de Putte, Watson, West, Zaffirini.
Absent-excused: Carona.

As a student, I believe that's how gun owners should vote in 2012. If they voted Nay on self defense, vote Nay on them.
Amen to that... Sure wish I lived in Ogden's district so I could vote him out.

hirundo82

Post by hirundo82 »

katiethompson wrote:Found the list of nays to suspend the rules: Davis, Ellis, Gallegos, Hinojosa, Lucio, Rodriguez, Uresti, Van de Putte, Watson, West, Zaffirini. Carona absent. No big surprises there...
I see that Ogden finally switched his vote to "Aye" now that it no longer matters. I imagine he's been getting a significant amount of heat from his district about his nay votes earlier on.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”