Campus Carry (Help plz)

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mreavis
Posts in topic: 1

Campus Carry (Help plz)

Post by mreavis »

I don't normally like to do this. But I missed the last week and half of the campus carry legislation. Normally I would just do some research and catch up on it myself but I am getting mix signals here.

I don't see celebration on Texas students for concealed carry and most of the threads about bills and amendments on this forum seem to suggests it has not passed. However some threads on this forum have people talking like it has already passed. Along with that I just read an article in the fort worth news paper about someone complaining that it passed...

If anyone knows where we stand at the moment any information would be great. I wouldn't be surprised if they have the wrong Idea but some people are under the impression it is a done deal. I just want to catch up :bigear:

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Campus Carry (Help plz)

Post by RPB »

mreavis wrote:I don't normally like to do this. But I missed the last week and half of the campus carry legislation. Normally I would just do some research and catch up on it myself but I am getting mix signals here.

I don't see celebration on Texas students for concealed carry and most of the threads about bills and amendments on this forum seem to suggests it has not passed. However some threads on this forum have people talking like it has already passed. Along with that I just read an article in the fort worth news paper about someone complaining that it passed...

If anyone knows where we stand at the moment any information would be great. I wouldn't be surprised if they have the wrong Idea but some people are under the impression it is a done deal. I just want to catch up :bigear:
It did NOT pass this time ... be sure to vote and speak to your representatives/Senator about how you wish it would ... and then when they meet in 2013 ....

It got passed in the Senate twice, got defeated in the House (on a "technicality" so they never got to vote on it in the House).... maybe next time in 2013.

Some are bragging about being the "super-minority" blocking legislation they didn't want on technicalities, since the majority would have voted for it, if they had the chance.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”