WTS: Advantage Arms Glock 19/23 .22LR Conversion Kit

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
secure
Posts in topic: 3

WTS: Advantage Arms Glock 19/23 .22LR Conversion Kit

Post by secure »

I have an extra kit that I am never going to use. PM or email with interest.
Info: http://www.advantagearms.com/mm5/mercha ... y_Code=GLK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This kit is an awesome way to train or plink for cheap and still have your trusty glock in hand. You can even send them off to get threaded for use with a suppressor.

Kit is brand new, never used. SOLD!
Last edited by secure on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quahog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: WTS: Advantage Arms Glock 19/23 .22LR Conversion Kit

Post by Quahog »

These are not all that easy to find... should go fast!
"America needs God more than God needs America. If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." -- Ronald Reagan

NRA - TSRA - PSC - CHL

A-R
Posts in topic: 4

Post by A-R »

I'll take it. Pm me payment details.

Topic author
secure

Post by secure »

PM Sent.

Munk

Post by Munk »

I'll jump in line if it falls through.
III%

A-R

Post by A-R »

payment sent

Topic author
secure

Post by secure »

SOLD!!!!!

A-R

Post by A-R »

Received the conversion kit today. As advertised, brand-new. Thanks secure. :tiphat:

silverbear

Post by silverbear »

AR, be sure to post a report on how it shoots. I've curious about getting one as well.
I support the right to arm bears.

G26ster
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G26ster »

The AA kit on my G26 has been great! I've got about 1500 rds through it so far. Yes, depending on the ammo you choose (you should use the AA recommended ammo) you will have FTFs and FTEs, but that's the ammo not the kit. Also, it's very easy to limp wrist, even though the recoil is minimal. I have never had any affect if I inadvertently limp wristed my 9mm, but the .22 lr won't let you get away with much. Well worth the money, and will save you a ton of money. Less than $.03 per shot if you use Remington Golden Bullets 550 Bonus Pak from Wally World.The adjustable rear sight is a big benefit too. Oh yeah, clean it after every range session, and don't run it as dry as your Glock.

A-R

Post by A-R »

• Thanks for the tips G26ster.

I shot the AA kit on my G23 frame today and was VERY impressed. It was much more accurate than I thought it would be. Shot at about 10-12 yards and it seemed every bit as accurate as my G23 firing .40-cal rounds. Shooting at my family's farm land, I set up some used 12-gauge shells and was able to knock them off at 10 yards with this set up - plenty accurate enough for my purposes.

Didn't keep round count, but it was easily over 100 - I just finished off a box of Remington Golden Bullets I had left over (shoot those in my 10/22 also). Had one jam when a round failed to load properly, but that was it.

In fact, I enjoyed shooting it so much that I didn't even shoot .40 through my G23 today and didn't shoot any of my other handguns either. So it was a nice inexpensive day of shooting.

When I got home I brushed and swabbed out the bore and cleaned up the ejector and rest of the slide. The little cleaning kit that comes with it isn't bad, though I personally think the little nickel-size patches are too small and will probably use the same Kleen-Bore patches I use in my 10/22 and my AR next time. The cleaning solution it comes with seems to work well, like a CLP but not quite as oily as Break-Free. Will check it before next shoot and oil it a bit more if I think it needs it (thanks for that tip especially, G26ster - I usually run my Glocks bone dry except for light grease on the four frame rails and a drop of oil each on the barrel and the inside top of the slide).

I am amazed how much lighter the slide on this conversion kit is compared to the OEM Glock slide. I'm guessing they make the slide lighter (probably and aluminum alloy of some kind) to facilitate full slide recoil, ejection, and chambering of new round. If the OEM slide weight was used, the lil .22LR cartridge probably wouldn't have enough power to send it back with enough force to faciltate semi-auto operation. And the little ejector part is quite chintzy looking, but hey it works so I'm not going to gripe about unless it breaks or stops working.

All in all, I'm very impressed. For $250 this is certainly a better .22LR pistol option for me than something like a Walther P22, Sig Mosquito, or Ruger or Browning target-type .22 pistol. It was great to have the EXACT same trigger as my other Glocks (I use the Glock-brand "-" 3.5-pound connector on all my Glocks).

G26ster
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G26ster »

If you are going to shoot it a lot, I would recommend getting some spare springs from AA. Inexpensive, and you get all the needed springs. I say this because after 1200 rds or so, I started to have issues with the mags failing to lock back after the last round. Once I replaced the main recoil spring, all was good again. Also, as you know RGBs make the gun dirty real quick. This can cause failures to extract, so I started to use a bore snake after each 100 rds at the range, and it solved those issues. Glad you are enjoying the AA kit. I love mine.

Return to “Closed Items”