WTS 1943 M1 Carbine with accessories. SOLD!

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
bilgerat57
Posts in topic: 7

WTS 1943 M1 Carbine with accessories. SOLD!

Post by bilgerat57 »

IMG_0981a.jpg
1943 Inland M1 Carbine. Historically correct for Korean War at this point. (The WW II version didn't have the bayonet or lug foreband). I have the proper foreband for WW II era. I have 4 of the 15 round magazines and 2 of the thirty round. GI canvas sling with GI oiler tube. Barrel is stamped Inland 3-43, trigger housing is also stamped Inland, rear sight is the flip peep. Previous owner modified one sight (see photo). Pushbutton safety, not the lever. I have one magazine pouch that will hold 2 15 round mags. The bayonet is the correct type for Korean era, and is in excellent shape with GI scabbard. The rifle scabbard is stamped "LUB PROD. CO. 1943". It's a "linemans" scabbard which can be worn on a belt to keep the hands free for work unless you need the rifle. It's hard to find one in this good condition. The weapon operates just fine. I've had it for close to 30 years and she's been well taken care of. I have a blank firing adaptor which I'm told is German made, but I can't attest to that. Never having fired blanks out of this thing I've never used it. All I can swear to is it fits on the weapon. I have a little over two hundred rounds of ball ammo (Remington) to go with it. COLLECTORS & REENACTORS; You'll look for a long time to find a period piece like this. I'm asking $1100 for the entire package. I prefer face to face if at all possible. I'm near Grapeland but I can travel reasonable distances (Huntsville, Tyler, etc....). I wouldn't sell it but hard times dictate...... PM if your interested. I can supply more photos or info on markings. One last thing, Please guys, if your wife can say no to this, let her do so BEFORE I get my hopes up! Thanks!
IMG_0972b.jpg
:txflag:
Attachments
IMG_0982.JPG
Last edited by bilgerat57 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A Gun in the hands of a bad man is a dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good man is a danger only to the bad man - Charlton Heston
The only time a Texan has a pinky out is to see if the chamber is empty in the dark. - SFC M. Merino US Army

Topic author
bilgerat57

Post by bilgerat57 »

IMG_0979.JPG
IMG_0985a.jpg
Additional photos with a couple of better ones
Attachments
IMG_0972b.jpg
A Gun in the hands of a bad man is a dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good man is a danger only to the bad man - Charlton Heston
The only time a Texan has a pinky out is to see if the chamber is empty in the dark. - SFC M. Merino US Army

cajunautoxer
Posts in topic: 1

Re: WTS 1943 M1 Carbine with accessories.

Post by cajunautoxer »

I wish you would have posted this when I was up there during the week for the Fallen Brethren match

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I have a '43 Inland too and love it. Mine has matching original part numbers for all major components. It had a cursory armory rebuild in 1945 Where the updated rear sight was added, and was sold to Norway immediately post-war. Some time after that, FN put a new stock on it, and it was reimported to the US in the 1960s. My dad carried one ashore on D-Day +3 at Iwo Jima. My son gave me mine for Christmas a couple of years ago. Made me cry.

For those who aren't familiar and might be interested in this offer, imagine the following..... a carbine that:
  1. has an 18" barrel, but still shorter overall than most AR carbines
  2. weighs only 5.8 lb
  3. operating from a scaled down M1 Garand action, but removable box magazine fed (imagine an inky-dinky-doo little M14)
  4. comes with pretty decent iron sights adjustable for both windage and elevation
  5. and fires a cartridge not much longer than a pistol round, with a 110 grain bullet leaving the muzzle at 1,990 FPS and 967 FT LB of energy
  6. with ammo available in either round nose ball or round nose soft tips
  7. and a practical range of 100-150 yards
I haven't checked ammo price and availability in a while because I have several hundred rounds on hand right now. It got both scarce and expensive during "the crunch", but gunbot.net shows it as low as 35¢/round and available in plenty of places right now......so pricing roughly similar to cheap 5.56.

Whoever picks this little gem up is going to be very pleased with his purchase.

Ok, so I did my best sales pitch for you bilgerat57. If none of these heathens are interested after this, we can't help them.
:mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
bilgerat57

Post by bilgerat57 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I have a '43 Inland too and love it. Mine has matching original part numbers for all major components. It had a cursory armory rebuild in 1945 Where the updated rear sight was added, and was sold to Norway immediately post-war. Some time after that, FN put a new stock on it, and it was reimported to the US in the 1960s. My dad carried one ashore on D-Day +3 at Iwo Jima. My son gave me mine for Christmas a couple of years ago. Made me cry.

For those who aren't familiar and might be interested in this offer, imagine the following..... a carbine that:
  1. has an 18" barrel, but still shorter overall than most AR carbines
  2. weighs only 5.8 lb
  3. operating from a scaled down M1 Garand action, but removable box magazine fed (imagine an inky-dinky-doo little M14)
  4. comes with pretty decent iron sights adjustable for both windage and elevation
  5. and fires a cartridge not much longer than a pistol round, with a 110 grain bullet leaving the muzzle at 1,990 FPS and 967 FT LB of energy
  6. with ammo available in either round nose ball or round nose soft tips
  7. and a practical range of 100-150 yards
I haven't checked ammo price and availability in a while because I have several hundred rounds on hand right now. It got both scarce and expensive during "the crunch", but gunbot.net shows it as low as 35¢/round and available in plenty of places right now......so pricing roughly similar to cheap 5.56.

Whoever picks this little gem up is going to be very pleased with his purchase.

Ok, so I did my best sales pitch for you bilgerat57. If none of these heathens are interested after this, we can't help them.
:mrgreen:
:tiphat:
I appreciate the pitch! If I had any choice I wouldn't part with it. I've had this one for quite a while and haven't seen one as nice anywhere. There' no import marks on this one either. When the 'rain stops falling' I'll start the search for another one to repair the hole in my collection..... :lol::
One other thing about the carbine, it's just FUN to shoot! It's light and compact, but it packs a punch. You can't find a better home defense weapon for under about 100 yards. I've never had any malfunctions with this carbine either.
Last edited by bilgerat57 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I'd love to have it but it's about 20% over the balance in the discretionary, as in fun stuff, account. Otherwise I'd be driving up right now to get it with cash burning a hole in my pocket.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

If I may.... Not to hijack your thread, but to throw a little honey in the pot for prospective buyers.....

C'MON YOU GUYS.... YOU KNOW YOU WANT ONE OF THESE!!!

PONY UP AND TAKE THIS THING OFF bilgerat57'S HANDS BEFORE HE CHANGES HIS MIND!!!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
bilgerat57

Post by bilgerat57 »

I almost changed the rear sight to the Korean War vintage, but I decided to stay with the original flip sight instead. I know you can find the adjustables on line fairly easily still.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

bilgerat57 wrote:I almost changed the rear sight to the Korean War vintage, but I decided to stay with the original flip sight instead. I know you can find the adjustables on line fairly easily still.
Quite smart not to. The "original" Type I flip sights are much rarer than the adjustable sights. I say "original" because today the market is flooded with fake repro flip sights that in many cases only a true M1 Carbine expert can discern from original. The originals are hard to find and sell for $$$.

That said, the adjustable sights are WWII vintage also, not just Korean War, making their debut in early 1944. Inland used the adjustable sights on their production starting with SN 5,000,000 in June of 1944. All M1 Carbines that went through the arsenal rebuild programs during (1944 and later) and after WWII had the adjustable sights installed at the arsenal, and the flip sights thrown away. :cryin

I'm down to only two M1 Carbines these days (Rock-ola, and Quality Hardware). I was up to four when I was immersed in the M1 Carbine collecting hobby, but not so much today.

Topic author
bilgerat57

Post by bilgerat57 »

IMG_1002.JPG
The entire package in one shot. The bulbous cylinder is a blank firing attachment (I'm told it's of West German make). The flat metal piece is supposed to be a blank cartridge deflector, but darned if I can figure out how it's used. The WW II era foreband is there as well. The magazine pouch is dated '45.

eureka40

Re:

Post by eureka40 »

bilgerat57 wrote:
IMG_1002.JPG
The entire package in one shot. The bulbous cylinder is a blank firing attachment (I'm told it's of West German make). The flat metal piece is supposed to be a blank cartridge deflector, but darned if I can figure out how it's used. The WW II era foreband is there as well. The magazine pouch is dated '45.
I found this regarding the blank adapter...........http://www.90thidpg.us/Equipment/Articl ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That is a very nice carbine. I also have one and it is the most accurate firearm I own. Also a lot of fun to shoot.
TSRA Life Memeber

Topic author
bilgerat57

Re: Re:

Post by bilgerat57 »

eureka40 wrote:
bilgerat57 wrote:
IMG_1002.JPG
I found this regarding the blank adapter...........http://www.90thidpg.us/Equipment/Articl ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That is a very nice carbine. I also have one and it is the most accurate firearm I own. Also a lot of fun to shoot.
Thanks for the info. I never really looked into it as I never found or had an interest in blanks for the carbine. But it's good info to know.... :clapping:

jimlongley

Re: Re:

Post by jimlongley »

bilgerat57 wrote:
eureka40 wrote:
bilgerat57 wrote:
IMG_1002.JPG

Thanks for the info. I never really looked into it as I never found or had an interest in blanks for the carbine. But it's good info to know.... :clapping:
The short stroke piston required sufficient gas pressure to cycle the action, and it didn't develop without a muzzle adapter.

I have my grandpappy's WWII M1 Carbine, all original, although used when I was a foolish teenager. Flip sight, "shotgun" safety, round bolt. I took a deer with it in 1964 despite the teasing of the guys I was hunting with.

I would love to have another, but . . .
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Topic author
bilgerat57

Post by bilgerat57 »

:tiphat: Appointment to meet set for tomorrow "pm" Will advise. :txflag:

StewNTexas

Post by StewNTexas »

RATS - - - Late Again.

If it does not go through for any reason, PM me please. I spent two hours last night trying to see how long it would take for me to drive there, and it looks like about six hours each way, over 100 bucks in gas, but doable.
If the 2nd admendment only applies to muskets and muzzle-loaders, then the 1st admentment must apply only to the spoken or printed word. Printing must be done on hand presses, news stories must be written in longhand, no keyboards or electric processes may be used.

Return to “Closed Items”