Kudos to Cabellas!

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
n5wd
Posts in topic: 2

Kudos to Cabellas!

Post by n5wd »

Putting my toes into the AR-waters after a many-years absence of using that platform (Vietnam 70-71). Since I'm getting up in age and my strength in my left arm is not what it used to be, I bought a reduced weight AR, the Bushmaster Carbon-15, a carbon fibre-composite AR. It's impressive in how much it doesn't weigh!

I had an opportunity to get my NRA Basic Rifle Instructor's certificate a couple of weeks ago and put Magpul MBUS sights on the AR (it comes with a flat top and a BSA red dot sight), to meet the NRA's requirement of no optics. Turned out the instructor provided the rifle and ammo, since we were shooting on his course at Camp Tonkawa near Buffalo Gap, Texas.

Since ultimately I wanted to scope the Bushmaster, I had purchased a Nikon P-223 3-9X30 scope and P-223 mounts from Cabellas, and went to get them mounted yesterday.

I was expected a charge for their mounting and boresighting service, but nope... it was free. And what floored me was the gent that did my rifle for me told me that they provide this service for folks at no charge, even if the components weren't purchased at Cabellas.

Wow! That's great customer service, if you ask me.

Wayne
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

scottmeador

Re: Kudos to Cabellas!

Post by scottmeador »

Were you firing an AR on a Boy Scout reservation? Last time I was at Scout camp we could only use their puny little .22LRs. :)

Topic author
n5wd
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Kudos to Cabellas!

Post by n5wd »

scottmeador wrote:Were you firing an AR on a Boy Scout reservation? Last time I was at Scout camp we could only use their puny little .22LRs. :)
Yep, we qualified on their .22. Though, I almost had him (the training coordinator that was our instructor) ready to pull out my 223/5.56 AR and make a little more noise, but by the time we finished off all the clays for the shotgun qualification, I think most of us had had our fill of things that went BOOM for the afternoon. :mrgreen:
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Return to “Closed Items”