Academy 2/23-3/1/14. Sig 1911 .45 gets FREE of same in .22.

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Academy 2/23-3/1/14. Sig 1911 .45 gets FREE of same in .22.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

The following is from the Academy Sports and Outdoors ad, covering the dates of 2/23/14 - 3/1/14.
Usually when I write up the Academy entries, I detail all the handguns on sale for the week, but I
don't have the ad handy and will only detail the Sig deal. If I get the chance, I may add the other handguns
to this screen later.

Academy is offering multiple models of Sig Sauer 1911's, chambered in .45 ACP.

If you buy one of the above, you will get a FREE Sig Sauer 1911 chambered in .22 LR.

This would allow you to shoot cheap .22 on the same brand of 1911 that you would use
for an EDC in .45 ACP.

Take note however, that the ad has an asterisk (*) that states "See store for details".
What in heck could the "details" be?

There are other handguns on sale but for now I've just provided the Sig deal.

Happy shopping shootists.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Wes

Re: Academy 2/23-3/1/14. Sig 1911 .45 gets FREE of same in .

Post by Wes »

Some of the terms on this page

https://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/CmsCon ... OMO-V2.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

There is already a huge uproar over this deal. Apparently the person at Sig who inked this has already lost his job and the powers that be at Sig are very unhappy about this deal. :lol:

Here is Sig's Facebook message on it...
To our valued SIG SAUER Consumers:

As a result of the overwhelming demand for our recent 1911-22 promotion, we are announcing that allocation of these promotional packages has been fully committed. While promotional product will continue to flow into dealer locations throughout February and March, we will no longer be accepting dealer reorders.

SIG SAUER would like to apologize for the confusion that this promotion has created in the marketplace. From the onset, this was a limited supply promotion that was only available through participating dealers. Not all 1911’s and 1911-22’s in the marketplace are promotional firearms. Unfortunately, SIG SAUER is unable to identify participating dealers because the majority of the promotional packages were sold to distributors who service the national dealer network. We urge consumers to visit or call local dealers to determine if they are a participating dealer with promotional inventory available.

Again, SIG SAUER apologizes for the confusion that this promotion created and looks forward to continuing to provide the finest firearms available.

Sincerely,

The SIG SAUER Team
From what I've read, the dealers had to sign up at Shot Show for it as well. That is supposedly where the participating dealer part comes in because usually distributors snag up deals like this and then resell them to the local gun stores. Academy is obviously big enough and aggressive enough to have gotten in on this deal. However, if you are interested, I'd be flying into the store and grabbing it this morning because there is that whole loophole: "Participating dealers only. Supplies are limited."

For example, a friend spotted this advertisement in his local Gander Mountain flyer, but when he got to the store there was a sign on the door saying they were out of stock on the .22 the day before it started....

I think this is what the Sig Facebook message should have said:
To our valued SIG SAUER Consumers:

We are morons. We advertised a promo where we'd simply GIVE AWAY a free gun with the purchase of a gun. We even chose a rimfire platform that has recently proven wildly successful in the marketplace, so wow was it ever a surprise to us when people jumped on the deal almost as if a major manufacturer offered a free gun or something.

It has recently come to our attention that we have our heads way, WAY up our butts, and that is likely part of the reason we didn't expect this level of consumer demand. It seems to us that instead of actually breaking an earlier promise or running the promotion as advertised, we'll instead issue a half-hearted apology and use some tricky terms such as "already been allocated." Believe you me, even we aren't quite so stupid as to not realize that the proper move would be to issue a sincere apology and then immediately go to work and contact GSG and put in an extremely large order of these Sig marked pistols while we scramble to build pretty Sig marked wood grip panels to fit on them... in the hopes of fulfilling all orders through the end of the month of April as we promised in the original promo.

But hey, what seems to work for HK is just gonna have to suffice for Sig also. So if you managed to grab one of the free fourteen BOGO packages, good on you, brother. If you didn't, well, there's always next time I guess.

Sincerely,

The SIG SAUER Team
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Frankie

Post by Frankie »

I got in on the BOGO deal from Cabela's in Buda. I picked up the Sig Ultra two tone since they were all out of the C3. I was pleasantly surprised that the 1911-22 they gave me was the Camo Cerakote version.

Haven't had either to the range yet but looking forward to it.

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

Jumping Frog wrote:For example, a friend spotted this advertisement in his local Gander Mountain flyer, but when he got to the store there was a sign on the door saying they were out of stock on the .22 the day before it started....
If I already made the trip, I would have been tempted to pretend I didn't see the sign, put together a purchase that included a SIG handgun and maybe a rifle and some hunting gear, and then walked away when they told me there was no free .22 included. If I already burned the gas and my time to get there, what's an extra 20 minutes?
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

Return to “Closed Items”