Grab a Gun, Coppell, TX: 4 Sig Sauer 1911's, .22 & .45 ACP.

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 4
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Grab a Gun, Coppell, TX: 4 Sig Sauer 1911's, .22 & .45 ACP.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

On 4/10/2014, I received an email from Grabagun in Coppell, Texas (near DFW airport).

They have "limited quantities" of the following Sig Sauer 1911's:

.22 LR, 5" barrel, 10 rounds, black, fixed sights. $305.

.22 LR, 5" barrel, 10 rounds, olive drab, fixed sights. $299.

1911R, .45 ACP, 5" barrel, Tacops, 8 + 1, all black, $749.

1911R, .45 ACP, 5" barrel, 8 + 1, Nickel PVD Coated Stainless, $749.

Happy shopping, shootists.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Grab a Gun, Coppell, TX: 4 Sig Sauer 1911's, .22 & .45 A

Post by puma guy »

I got a SIGSauer hat when we looked at a p238 for my wife. She decided to go with a S&W Shield 9mm, but I kept the hat. Every where I go wearing that hat I get stopped and asked if I have one or a comment of some sort all positive. I have to tell them I only have the hat! Well now I can tell them I have a SIG. I bought a 1911-22 in black :anamatedbanana
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

puma guy wrote:I got a SIGSauer hat when we looked at a p238 for my wife. She decided to go with a S&W Shield 9mm, but I kept the hat. Every where I go wearing that hat I get stopped and asked if I have one or a comment of some sort all positive. I have to tell them I only have the hat! Well now I can tell them I have a SIG. I bought a 1911-22 in black :anamatedbanana
What is a "22". I thought that was a discontinued caliber that was no longer available. :totap:
NRA Endowment Member

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

WildBill wrote:
puma guy wrote:I got a SIGSauer hat when we looked at a p238 for my wife. She decided to go with a S&W Shield 9mm, but I kept the hat. Every where I go wearing that hat I get stopped and asked if I have one or a comment of some sort all positive. I have to tell them I only have the hat! Well now I can tell them I have a SIG. I bought a 1911-22 in black :anamatedbanana
What is a "22". I thought that was a discontinued caliber that was no longer available. :totap:
As far as I know they are not discontinued. Grabagun had them availible in OD and black. But SIG Sauer lists them in several colors. The black is called Nitron. I imagine they require HV .22 LR for reliable functioning, but we'll see. I ordered it yesterday and it has shipped already(shipping was about 6 bucks, just paid sales tax). No CC fee and they have pre-listed FFL's for shipment. My regular local FFL was listed so they already had the info. Smooth. I saw them on GunBroker at competitive prices but I'd rather use good ol' Texas Boys! Range report will follow when I get it. Thankful I got about 10M rounds of .22 before the famine and gouging struck. Photo from SIGSauer website

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

puma guy wrote:
WildBill wrote:
As far as I know they are not discontinued. Grabagun had them availible in OD and black. But SIG Sauer lists them in several colors. The black is called Nitron. I imagine they require HV .22 LR for reliable functioning, but we'll see. I ordered it yesterday and it has shipped already(shipping was about 6 bucks, just paid sales tax). No CC fee and they have pre-listed FFL's for shipment. My regular local FFL was listed so they already had the info. Smooth. I saw them on GunBroker at competitive prices but I'd rather use good ol' Texas Boys! Range report will follow when I get it. Thankful I got about 10M rounds of .22 before the famine and gouging struck. Photo from SIGSauer website
[ Image ]
Sorry Puma Guy. I was joking about the availability of the .22LR caliber ammo, not the gun.
NRA Endowment Member

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

WildBill wrote:
puma guy wrote:
WildBill wrote:
[ Image ]
Sorry Puma Guy. I was joking about the availability of the .22LR caliber ammo, not the gun.
Face Palm. I've been sick. insert delayed belly laugh here! "rlol" "rlol"

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

pumaguy:
Am I correct in assuming that you became aware of your recent Sig purchase by reading this thread?

I post these vendor threads pretty regularly (Academy, Bass Pro, Cabela's usually) in order to increase
the gun board members' awareness of where they can find their desired handgun at what price.

But then usually I never really know if someone decided to purchase after reading the sales items.

TIA / SIA

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:pumaguy:
Am I correct in assuming that you became aware of your recent Sig purchase by reading this thread?

I post these vendor threads pretty regularly (Academy, Bass Pro, Cabela's usually) in order to increase
the gun board members' awareness of where they can find their desired handgun at what price.

But then usually I never really know if someone decided to purchase after reading the sales items.

TIA / SIA
SIA, I read your posts all the time. Sorry I was remiss in thanking you for your post about GAG. So "Thanks", and yes I decided to Grab a Gun after you posted. My wife and I looked at P238"s a week or two ago at the local gun show. I didn't know SIG made a 1911-22. I was aware of the Mosquito, which I looked at before I bought her a Browning Buckmark .22 pistol. She's decided the 9mm Shield is too much for her so we're looking at .380's. We saw some decent prices on P238's, but she wants to shoot one first.
Thanks again and keep it up. Now when someone asks about my hat I can talk about my SIG

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed

pumaguy:

Well, I am super pleased that you got your new Sig as a result of my OP. Plus you aren't even a local to
the GAG store, yet the deal still worked out for you using an FFL transfer. Good stuff.

It's paying it forward actually. Even though Grab a Gun in Coppell is pretty close to me, I had no
awareness that they existed until a female board member (whose screen name I forget) pointed them out
to me when I was looking for my Springer XDS .45. As soon as she posted, I was like a duck on a Junebug.

By the way, I'm waiting for the Fedex driver to deliver it to me today. I'm getting it back from warranty
work in Illinois, then I can get back to carrying both the XDS and the SR9C onbody as long as I'm awake.

SIA

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:pumaguy:

Well, I am super pleased that you got your new Sig as a result of my OP. Plus you aren't even a local to
the GAG store, yet the deal still worked out for you using an FFL transfer. Good stuff.

It's paying it forward actually. Even though Grab a Gun in Coppell is pretty close to me, I had no
awareness that they existed until a female board member (whose screen name I forget) pointed them out
to me when I was looking for my Springer XDS .45. As soon as she posted, I was like a duck on a Junebug.

By the way, I'm waiting for the Fedex driver to deliver it to me today. I'm getting it back from warranty
work in Illinois, then I can get back to carrying both the XDS and the SR9C onbody as long as I'm awake.

SIA
I hope you your XDS is fully recovered. The purchase at GG was the most hassle free firearm deal I've done online. I mostly buy from GunBroker. I have never bought a gun from an online retailer, so maybe they're all set up with predesignated FFL's, this was smooth as glass. No CC fees either.
I'm up in the DFW area quite often visiting my oldest daughter in Mansfield. Lots of neat places for gun enthusiasts up that way. On my last visit to Greenville for a reunion I saw a sign for a place Caddo Mills I'd like to go to. Also, the last time I was up in Mansfield I drove to the Gibson's store in Weatherford. They had an extensive array of guns and supplies, not necessarily the best prices but fair. A trip to the past walking through the store.
UPDATE: WOW! Tracking email just said it was out for delivery! Only problem is my FFL is closed Mondays so I'll have to wait until they get it tomorrow :waiting:

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed

pumaguy and all:

By the way, if you access the Grab a Gun website, you can enter their sweepstakes
giveaways once every 6 hours. The prizes are firearms.

By entering the sweeps there, it seems to keep one's emails "fresh" for them to send
you emails with deals on various guns. Some of which are probably of short duration due to quantities on hand.

Some other deals they had recently that I didn't post on here in a timely fashion:
Ruger LCP's for $265.
Ruger SR1911's in both Government 5.00" barrel and Commander 4.25" barrel: $659. IIRC, list price = $799.
The above 2 deals are probably gone by now.

SIA

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Picked up the SIG 1911-22 this afternoon. I must say GaG sales/service is outstanding. Ordered 4/11 and was out for delivery by USPS to my FFL on the 14th. USPS had to deliver it today since the FFL is closed Mondays.
Exterior fit and finish is what I'd expect from SigSauer. I haven't disassembled it yet, but it appears it's like a typical 1911. Magazine has an interesting design with what appears to be dual follower pull downs. I'll have to read the manual. It also appears the mag could hold more than 10 rounds. Trigger pull specifications state 4.2-5.6# but my Wheeler scale indicated 7#. Sight are three dot fixed. Don't know if the can be drift adjusted or not. 34.6 oz by my scale Looking forward to taking it to the range.

Selina Kyle
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Selina Kyle »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:pumaguy and all:

By the way, if you access the Grab a Gun website, you can enter their sweepstakes
giveaways once every 6 hours. The prizes are firearms.

By entering the sweeps there, it seems to keep one's emails "fresh" for them to send
you emails with deals on various guns. Some of which are probably of short duration due to quantities on hand.

Some other deals they had recently that I didn't post on here in a timely fashion:
Ruger LCP's for $265.
Ruger SR1911's in both Government 5.00" barrel and Commander 4.25" barrel: $659. IIRC, list price = $799.
The above 2 deals are probably gone by now.

SIA
Good to know! I'm starting to shop around for deals on LCPs. I've actually been to Grab A Gun before with a friend. It's not far for me at all.
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

Return to “Closed Items”