Grabagun

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

jmorris
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Grabagun

Post by jmorris »

bblhd672 wrote:...

Several DFW area gun stores with online web stores that I have inquired about something listed as "In Stock" on the website do not actually have the items "in store." I do business with Grab A Gun because they are friendly, relatively fast to ship and convenient to my office for pickup in store.
I know of two San Antonio stores that do this. One store front is so small that they only have 20-25 rifles and a dozen handguns in store, with on-line orders being sent to the store or drop-shipped to your FFL. The other is much larger with more stock in-store, but the stock in-store is more expensive then that online. You could order online for pickup at the store and get the online price.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Topic author
Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

jmorris wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Jusme wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:Is this outfit legit? Poking around their site, I see some incredibly good deals, like the Ruger AR 556 for $479 that I referenced in another thread. Buds has that same gun for $601, and I haven't seen them that far off from other vendors before (25% more than the competitor). I compared a few other guns, and they are significantly better than Buds pricing for over half of my non-random sample.

Looking for folks who have had experiences with Grabagun. Good, bad, ugly, whatever. Are there hidden fees, or something else I'm missing?

I haven't dealt directly with them, but Texas residents do have to pay State sales tax, which, with out of state vendors is not a requirement.
I'm confused. Texas residents have to pay a use tax if they don't pay sales tax, so it works out the same regardless.
You are absolutely correct, those who purchase out-of-state are *supposed* to pay use tax. Sometimes even if purchased in-state.

I'd be surprised if compliance hit 1%.

FYI: https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/sales/use-tax.php
Ah yes. But on this forum, many people will not even walk past a non-compliant 30.06 sign for fear of getting an invalid ticket that has a max penalty of $200 even if a judge happened to incorrectly rule that it was valid. In other words, we are probably in the place where the most law abiding 1% of the population happens to reside.

Also, don't forget to keep track of any extra income for tax reporting. Last year I almost forgot to report the market value of that case of beer my buddy gave me for helping him move.

Topic author
Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Well I just discovered one limitation with this company. I am travelling and asked that they hold shipment for a few weeks. They responded that they are unable to control the timing of shipments. This is consistent with a process of placing orders for drop ship directly from the manufacturer / other distributor, so I guess it makes sense.

Unfortunately, it also may be a deal breaker at the moment as I am trying to snatch up a couple Shields (9mm and .45 ACP) before availability gets low with the current rebate offer. I may try them the next time that I don't need flexibility.

Rex B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rex B »

+1 - I bought 3 guns from them last year. Best price, good people. good operation
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”