Texas house bill 383

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

tbrown
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Texas house bill 383

Post by tbrown »

thorkyl wrote:The general idea for this bill is simple...
:iagree: The idea is to limit options to make it more difficult for Texans to carry legally.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AEA »

No, the Idea is to force Texas Residents to get a Texas CHL (more money to Texas). That is what this is all about.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

TeXD9
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TeXD9 »

I think that this is a bad bill that is intended to limit the number of people that can carry concealed.
I also think that it is something that some CHL instructors may like in order to keep receiving their training fees for a Texas license.
I am a CHL instructor and I don't think that is a valid reason to restrict out of state licenses.
I personally have a Florida license in addition to my Texas license because it allows me to carry concealed in two states that don't have reciprocity with Texas.
We don't want to restrict our 2A rights but enhance them.
Instead let's work toward national reciprocity and Constitutional Carry for Texas like Arizona and Alaska.

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

I can understand why this bill was filed and believe in the concept that a Texas resident should have a Texas CHL, if somebody wants other States as well then go for it. I have heartburn with the person who filed it, Burnham has been anti-gun for as long as I can remember and for that reason alone I would not be able to agree with it.
Salty1

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

If Lon Burnam filed a bill to repeal TPC Chp. 46 I would oppose it, because I would know it was a scam and he'd have something up his sleeve.

Chas.

recaffeination

Post by recaffeination »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:If Lon Burnam filed a bill to repeal TPC Chp. 46 I would oppose it, because I would know it was a scam and he'd have something up his sleeve.

Chas.
"rlol"

Are there any rumors about him trying again to ban AR15s for the under 21 crowd?

hfclarke

Post by hfclarke »

I am a handgun owner, a long-time Texas resident, and I am applying for a Florida Concealed Weapon/Firearm license, which under present law is valid in the State of Texas. I am also a retired military officer with commendations and a former medical professional who is soon to be retired due to a recent disability. While I am disabled and unable to properly care for patients or deal with electronic medical records, I still have the ability to fire a weapon accurately and safely carry the firearm in a concealed manner, in my opinion. I seem to be doing well on the firing range, despite my disability. I took the Florida Concealed Weapon/Firearm course which is much more suitable to someone like me who would have difficulty spending the time in class required by the Texas course. I feel that I received more than adequate training in class. I believe the reciprocity currently available between Texas and other states should continue, as well as the ability to take the Florida course. I would encourage fellow Texans to think more than twice, to consider the ramifications upon fellow Texans, and to do some research before encouraging yet another restriction upon our freedoms and liberties. Thank you.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

With what I have learned about Lon Burnam, I am generally disposed to oppose ANYTHING he puts forth, on sheer principal.

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”