Running Serial Numbers of weapons of CHL holders.

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jmra
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Running Serial Numbers of weapons of CHL holders.

Post by jmra »

texanjoker wrote:
lrpettit wrote:
jmra wrote:
dac1842 wrote:Oh and one more piece of friendly advice. don't be flashing that darn CHL Badge on a traffic stop. I know lots of officers that are going to a) automatically write the ticket, b) automatically disarm you, and c) laugh at you..
You are aware that when armed and asked for ID we are required by law to "flash that darn CHL", right? Sounds like "a lot of the officers you know" are uninformed jerks.
My experience with officers has obviously been very different than yours.
I think he probably meant the "badge" and not the CHL license

:iagree: first person that I deal with that flashes a CHL badge (shiny metal fishing lure) had better not do so in a way to impersonate an officer. So far it has only been security guards flashing security guard badges impersonating officers that I have had to deal with.
:iagree:
I didn't think people actually bought those things.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jmra
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Running Serial Numbers of weapons of CHL holders.

Post by jmra »

lrpettit wrote:
jmra wrote:
dac1842 wrote:Oh and one more piece of friendly advice. don't be flashing that darn CHL Badge on a traffic stop. I know lots of officers that are going to a) automatically write the ticket, b) automatically disarm you, and c) laugh at you..
You are aware that when armed and asked for ID we are required by law to "flash that darn CHL", right? Sounds like "a lot of the officers you know" are uninformed jerks.
My experience with officers has obviously been very different than yours.
I think he probably meant the "badge" and not the CHL license
I stand corrected. :oops: I didn't make the connection as I've never seen anyone actually carry one.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”