Reason for Optimism?

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

pcgizzmo
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Reason for Optimism?

Post by pcgizzmo »

styxx wrote:It seems to me that far too many conservatives just continue to try to "play nice" while far too many liberals don't seem to try at all. Why are we "playing nice"? If we cannot sieze the opportunity to do the right thing when we control so much of the State House as well as the Govenorship, then we are doomed to suffer under so many very wrong things that are simply being forced upon us. I have answered every call to action this legislative session and intend to continue to do so. We are talking about trying to protect some of our basic rights and freedoms. If we do not respond in large enough numbers with loud (but respectful) voices and use logical reasoned points of discussion, another legislative session will dribble down the drain with more accumulated incrimental losses and little or no gains. How many of you wore the uniform during times of conflict ? You were willing then to stand up and be counted and to go that extra mile. It is time we do that again. All of the above applies several fold to what is going on in Washington D.C. :patriot:
I too have answered every call. Sadly I was optimistic but don't know now if anything will get through. Sad. This is Texas. Hard to believe.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Timely reminder: viewtopic.php?f=125&t=62468" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Join TFC. We need responses to calls-to-action to number in the hundreds of thousands.

Chas.

styxx
Posts in topic: 3

Post by styxx »

I joined the TFC when I finally got my head out of the sand and began to realize how many of our rights and freedoms are slipping away and that my single voice could be amplified manyfold by linking with a lot of responsible folks of like mind. There is no cost to join the Texas Firearms Coalition - but you can make contributions if you would like to support specific efforts. The total number of us that join is extremely important. Sadly, political respect today seems to revolve entirely around numbers instead of ideals and ideas. If those are the rules, let's play by them. If we can get just half of the current Texas CHLs signed up as TFC members, then when the TFC speaks to the Texas politicians, ALL of them of all stripes WILL listen to a voice that represents literally hundreds of thousands of voters. I, for one, sincerely hope that folks like Charles continue to help us understand what our challenges are and what we can do to retain and refine our right to bear arms. :patriot:
Some days are better than others, but every day is a good day.

TrueFlog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TrueFlog »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Timely reminder: viewtopic.php?f=125&t=62468" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chas.
You keep telling us to remember. Is there something we're supposed to be doing? And besides, Strauss was A-rated and endorsed by the TSRA during the election, so there's nothing to worry about, right?

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mike1951 »

TrueFlog wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Timely reminder: viewtopic.php?f=125&t=62468" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chas.
You keep telling us to remember. Is there something we're supposed to be doing? And besides, Strauss was A-rated and endorsed by the TSRA during the election, so there's nothing to worry about, right?
And strongly defended in a TSRA email on 3/7!
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

Whatever we get, or don't get, in 2013 should make your decision easy who to support, or oppose, in 2014.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

A full, complete and candid analysis of the 2013 session will be provided when it is over. Until then, stay in the fight and don't divide our forces.

Chas.

pcgizzmo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by pcgizzmo »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:A full, complete and candid analysis of the 2013 session will be provided when it is over. Until then, stay in the fight and don't divide our forces.

Chas.
Charles,

Based on your reminder post and this comment I almost feel like there is something your not telling us. I could be wrong and you may not want to divulge at this point in time but am I off base?

ninjamedic2293

Post by ninjamedic2293 »

For the record and I hate to sound like a spoiled child, but thats what you told us last session Charles and I never saw "a full, complete, and candid analysis" of the 2011 session. I trust you are working as hard as you can on these issues and I thank you for that, let us know what you need from us.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

1 million Texas hunting licenses are sold to Texas residents annually; there are over 600,000 Texas CHLs; Texas gun owners number in the multiple millions -- approximately 300,000 to 350,000 are NRA Members, 381 are TFC Members (and it's free).

Apathy is rampant and this is the political climate in which we work. Yes, there are things I cannot say at this point.

Chas.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:1 million Texas hunting licenses are sold to Texas residents annually; there are over 600,000 Texas CHLs; Texas gun owners number in the multiple millions -- approximately 300,000 to 350,000 are NRA Members, 381 are TFC Members (and it's free).

Apathy is rampant and this is the political climate in which we work. Yes, there are things I cannot say at this point.

Chas.
They aren't TFC members, or even NRA members, because they think something along the lines of "it can't happen here", if they even think about it at all. Apathy is the right word. :grumble

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:1 million Texas hunting licenses are sold to Texas residents annually; there are over 600,000 Texas CHLs; Texas gun owners number in the multiple millions -- approximately 300,000 to 350,000 are NRA Members, 381 are TFC Members (and it's free).

Chas.
Dang, those numbers are depressing. :banghead:

Thanks for all the hard word you do, Charles. :txflag:
TANSTAAFL

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

K.Mooneyham wrote:

Chas.
They aren't TFC members, or even NRA members, because they think something along the lines of "it can't happen here", if they even think about it at all. Apathy is the right word. :grumble
Ignorance of history and failing to work to ferret out the truth about what's being done to our liberties with all the camouflage coming from the leftstream media also plays a part. They'll no doubt be shocked, just shocked, when they become instant criminals for gun ownership.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

74novaman wrote:

Chas.
Dang, those numbers are depressing. :banghead:

Thanks for all the hard word you do, Charles. :txflag:
I'm sure I don't need to post this, but my frustration isn't directed at our Members who are active and who care enough about our issue to stay involved.

Chas.

EKO

Post by EKO »

Chas.
I'm a little slow, but

I GOT IT! Noted and action taken. :smash: :clapping: :txflag:

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”