Kinda sums up our Open Carry bull

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
miedoso
Posts in topic: 4

Kinda sums up our Open Carry bull

Post by miedoso »

Go to around 2:13 and listen to him laugh about Texas open carry law. By the way, it's hot again. Dang I hate deciding whether to put two shirts on or have my handle rub against my skin...
[youtube][/youtube]

Pacifist

Re: Kinda sums up our Open Carry bull

Post by Pacifist »

Empirical evidence be damned, the gentleman in the video is making the same mistake that nearly every out-of-stater makes, namely he has no concept of just how unique Texas is and how we are completely different from the 40+ states that do allow for some form of open carry, so he should just mind his own business.

As all genuine Texas residents know, if open carry were to be allowed in this state, the streets would run red with blood, women and children will run screaming for cover at the mere sight of a firearm, and we will all have to drive to neighboring states (well, except for that little tiny sliver that borders Arkansas---they don't allow open carry, either) in order to purchase our groceries due to the near-instant proliferation of what will then be legal gun-buster signs at the entrance to every retail establishment.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

Opinions are like..ummm..er..armpits.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

anygunanywhere wrote:Opinions are like..ummm..er..armpits.

Anygunanywhere
Opinions are like noses. Everyone has one and most of them smell. ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

Pacifist wrote:As all genuine Texas residents know, if open carry were to be allowed in this state, the streets would run red with blood, women and children will run screaming for cover at the mere sight of a firearm, and we will all have to drive to neighboring states (well, except for that little tiny sliver that borders Arkansas---they don't allow open carry, either) in order to purchase our groceries due to the near-instant proliferation of what will then be legal gun-buster signs at the entrance to every retail establishment.
Well somebody keeps re-electing Straus.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

JKTex
Posts in topic: 5

Post by JKTex »

For anyone like me that's been ignoring this thread, the decides "why not?" and started to watch the video.....don't bother. It's 7 minutes of life you'll never get back. 5+ on a rambling video by a guy thta's never been to Texas, let alone knows what he's talking about in regards to Texas, and at least 2 spent staring, wondering why in the world is it here and how in the world you decided to throw that much life away. :totap:

I think I'll go be productive and watch the grass grow. :txflag: :leaving

gringo pistolero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gringo pistolero »

JKTex wrote:For anyone like me that's been ignoring this thread, the decides "why not?" and started to watch the video.....don't bother. It's 7 minutes of life you'll never get back. 5+ on a rambling video
So what you're saying is it's a youtube video?
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

jmra

Post by jmra »

gringo pistolero wrote:
JKTex wrote:For anyone like me that's been ignoring this thread, the decides "why not?" and started to watch the video.....don't bother. It's 7 minutes of life you'll never get back. 5+ on a rambling video
A YouTube video that I would not let my 9 year old watch.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

JKTex

Post by JKTex »

gringo pistolero wrote:
I might be missing your point, or I'm tired, if you're being sarcastic because I know sarcastic. :smilelol5:

Yes, it's a Youtube video that from what I could find, had 1 short mention of Texas by a guy that has never been here and has no clue what he's talking about, standing there in what looks like somewhere in New England, in the snow, rambling with no clear point....especially anything legitimately relevant to carry in Texas. :txflag:

Topic author
miedoso
Posts in topic: 4

Post by miedoso »

For the people who are posting, this guys not from Texas etc etc. Of course, that was the point of me posting this. I'm from Iowa, like my other post stated. I think it is CRAZY, that Texas doesn't have open carry and Iowa does. I actually believe though, had it really been put to a vote, it would have passed. I think it shows a failure of the gun lobbyists, like the NRA etc, putting Dems in charge, and giving A ratings, where it clearly should be at best, C. As for watching the video, yes, I posted the exact time period, so you didn't have to watch it all. I think where the guy in the video fails, is he doesn't have other laws, such as the Castle, when he compares to other states. But the simple fact is, that we have wrong ratings per NRA etc for our leaders in Texas, and that should change.

Pacifist

Post by Pacifist »

miedoso wrote:For the people who are posting, this guys not from Texas etc etc. Of course, that was the point of me posting this...
No need to explain, miedoso, the ad hominem attacks confirm quite clearly that they "get it." ;-)

JKTex

Post by JKTex »

miedoso wrote:For the people who are posting, this guys not from Texas etc etc. Of course, that was the point of me posting this. I'm from Iowa, like my other post stated. I think it is CRAZY, that Texas doesn't have open carry and Iowa does. I actually believe though, had it really been put to a vote, it would have passed. I think it shows a failure of the gun lobbyists, like the NRA etc, putting Dems in charge, and giving A ratings, where it clearly should be at best, C. As for watching the video, yes, I posted the exact time period, so you didn't have to watch it all. I think where the guy in the video fails, is he doesn't have other laws, such as the Castle, when he compares to other states. But the simple fact is, that we have wrong ratings per NRA etc for our leaders in Texas, and that should change.
You can't compare states without understanding the states. They're not the same, and in the case with Texas, thank GOD we're much different than most stated. :txflag: :mrgreen:

Whether it was for all the wrong reasons, you need to know the history of the State controlling the carry of firearms.

Also, several people are bringing up NRA ratings and how they're wrong. They're not wrong based on how they are determined. They may not be in sync with what we think, but they use the same questionnaire for them all. But I also don't think the ratings mean anything. I mean, how many times does someone have a favorable rating when there are plenty of reasons you or I don't want them speaking for us? It's kind of like polls, they stink most of the time. :coolgleamA:

I still don't see how an uninformed guy from Iowa making a casual (and uninformed) comment about Texas sums up the issue of open carry in Texas from a legislative standpoint. It seems like too many opinions come from not understanding or acknowledging the differences and/or lack of restrictions people may or may not understand. I know someone from another state that can't understand when I tell him he can go buy a gun if he wants one, he doesn't need a permit, or permission slip (card) or to register anything. To his defense, he's from, and was LEO, in one of the worst places in the country when it comes to gun rights, but he still doesn't believe me. :txflag:

ALCSTUDIOS

Post by ALCSTUDIOS »

I'm from Iowa too and the small part about Texas in the video is true and he does know what he's talking about... we do not have open carry in Texas
NRA,GOA,TFC TSRA & SAF member

JKTex

Post by JKTex »

ALCSTUDIOS wrote:I'm from Iowa too and the small part about Texas in the video is true and he does know what he's talking about... we do not have open carry in Texas
That's true, but a very simplified comment. He, and it seems others, don't understand why. If you don't know how you got somewhere, it's going to take some work to figure out how to get back, or just sit there and complain about being there. :smilelol5:

Tic Tac

Post by Tic Tac »

Some people can't see the forest for the trees.

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”