3rd Special Session?

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jmra
Posts in topic: 2

3rd Special Session?

Post by jmra »

http://www.governing.com/news/state/Tex ... nding.html

Looks like there could be part III. Seems like a lame duck wouldn't have anything to lose by adding a few things to the agenda.
I know. But a guy can dream, can't he?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

GEM-Texas
Posts in topic: 3

Re: 3rd Special Session?

Post by GEM-Texas »

You can dream but Freddy Kruger will have to appear in Rick Perry's dreams and tell him to get more progun laws passed.

I feel your pain - lame is part of the problem. I'll duck now.

ALCSTUDIOS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ALCSTUDIOS »

He is calling a 3rd session but for transportation only at this point.
NRA,GOA,TFC TSRA & SAF member

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Guess that we will have to wait until 2015 to see Campus Carry and Open Carry resurface. Hopefully by then we will have a new Speaker, some new Committee Chairs and we can remain firm, but civil in our contacts
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

SherwoodForest

Post by SherwoodForest »

Always the optimist I am - BUT I'm a bit tired of waiting for a bunch of politicians to pass some legislative measure that confirms what Article 1, Section 13 of the Texas Constitution already declared 137 years ago. That being ...that said constitution RESERVED to EVERY CITIZEN in Texas, by formal DECLARATION, their RIGHT to go armed for the purpose of defending themselves ( and the State ) in the face of criminal confrontation. The sole power delegated to these politicians elected to SERVE in the Legislature regarding this right is to REGULATE THE WEARING OF ARMS . " WEARING OF ARMS" would logically seem to refer to: in the pockets, under the coat, inside the pants leg, inside the boot, inside the hat, etc. OK - as of 1996, the Texas Legislature has REGULATED the " wearing " of handguns by requiring the issuance of a license to " WEAR A HANDGUN " . Got that. Can't " WEAR" a handgun 24/7 in the public square without a CHL. GOT IT .

NOW.........Honorable Attorney General Gregg Abbott ( who wants to be Governor) whereas the Texas Legislature has duly and diligently dealt with its delegated power to regulate the "WEARING OF HANDGUNS" - can we please recognize that a HANDGUN holstered on the belt in plain view - just like a rifle, or shot gun that is strung over the shoulder..........................IS NOT BEING WORN ?

Bladed

Post by Bladed »

SherwoodForest wrote:Always the optimist I am - BUT I'm a bit tired of waiting for a bunch of politicians to pass some legislative measure that confirms what Article 1, Section 13 of the Texas Constitution already declared 137 years ago. That being ...that said constitution RESERVED to EVERY CITIZEN in Texas, by formal DECLARATION, their RIGHT to go armed for the purpose of defending themselves ( and the State ) in the face of criminal confrontation. The sole power delegated to these politicians elected to SERVE in the Legislature regarding this right is to REGULATE THE WEARING OF ARMS . " WEARING OF ARMS" would logically seem to refer to: in the pockets, under the coat, inside the pants leg, inside the boot, inside the hat, etc. OK - as of 1996, the Texas Legislature has REGULATED the " wearing " of handguns by requiring the issuance of a license to " WEAR A HANDGUN " . Got that. Can't " WEAR" a handgun 24/7 in the public square without a CHL. GOT IT .

NOW.........Honorable Attorney General Gregg Abbott ( who wants to be Governor) whereas the Texas Legislature has duly and diligently dealt with its delegated power to regulate the "WEARING OF HANDGUNS" - can we please recognize that a HANDGUN holstered on the belt in plain view - just like a rifle, or shot gun that is strung over the shoulder..........................IS NOT BEING WORN ?
Good look making the legal argument that a holstered firearm is not being "worn." You might try citing the precedent set by State of Texas v. Wishful Thinking.

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

Oh, what the heck:

Dear Governor Perry:

I am sending another message in hopes that you will add gun rights legislation to this the third special session call. I am particularly interested in campus carry since I work on the Texas A&M campus, where I am forced to leave my concealed handgun in my car every working day. Campus carry legislation has passed at least one legislative body in Texas for the last three sessions. It is an extension of a longstanding successful policy in Texas. It is the right thing to do. Please add campus carry to the current special session.

Sincerely, J.R. (979-xxx-xxxx
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

tornado

Post by tornado »

How do HB9 and SB8 fall under transportation?

Bladed

Post by Bladed »

tornado wrote:How do HB9 and SB8 fall under transportation?
Any bill can be filed. Only bills germane to the governor's call can receive a floor vote.

tornado

Post by tornado »

Ah, thanks. Just like you can sue anyone over anything but may get smacked by the judge. :smash:

GEM-Texas

Post by GEM-Texas »

The NRA-ILA is again pointing out Rick's failure and posted this

This week, Texas Land Commissioner and author of Texas’ “Right to Carry” law Jerry Patterson (R) posted a letter on his website and Facebook page urging Governor Rick Perry (R) to add legislation allowing law-abiding adult Concealed Handgun Licensees (CHLs) to protect themselves on college and university campuses to the call of the third special session. Patterson stated:

“We’re not talking about classrooms full of angry gun-toting kids upset about their grades. We are talking about a fundamental, God-given natural right, that should not be abridged based upon some silly belief that rights are somehow contingent upon the location where you choose to exercise them. Signs and policies that mandate so called gun free zones ostensibly for the sake of safety instead create target-rich environments for the twisted criminal mind. The time to pass Campus Carry is now. I respectfully request you place it on the call.”
Has anybody physically asked Rick why he is so clueless on this matter?

Topic author
jmra

Post by jmra »

Session is over. :waiting:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

GEM-Texas wrote:Has anybody physically asked Rick why he is so clueless on this matter?
He's not running for reelection so he doesn't have to pretend to be our friend anymore.

GEM-Texas

Post by GEM-Texas »

OOPS!

So he forgot us - what a surprise.

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”