Topic author
TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 13

Re: This Ain't Over Til We Say It's Over

Post by TexasCajun »

:iagree: Way to go!

Let's keep it going!!!
:thewave
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jasonw560 »

"All great change in America begins at the dinner table"-Ronald Reagan
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

Rex B
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Rex B »

Next chance to shut down BHO, and it's a good one:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/hou ... ls-in-2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How I'd love to see Reid become the Senate Minority leader.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jasonw560 »

Rex B wrote:Next chance to shut down BHO, and it's a good one:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/hou ... ls-in-2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then, we need to volunteer to go to those red states and help if we can. Show some solidarity to our brothers and sisters saddled with blue Senators.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

Topic author
TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

Jasonw560 wrote:

Then, we need to volunteer to go to those red states and help if we can. Show some solidarity to our brothers and sisters saddled with blue Senators.
Now you're talking!!! Might also want to try to convert some House of Representative seats while you're at it..

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

Jasonw560 wrote:

good idea. I expect to have some time available by then
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 3

Post by chasfm11 »

Jasonw560 wrote:Then, we need to volunteer to go to those red states and help if we can. Show some solidarity to our brothers and sisters saddled with blue Senators.
We might want to practice on the blue State elements that are here in Texas. I fear that venturing into many of the blue States, one would have to be very careful about "showing solidarity." There is a neat by county map that shows the reds and blues within each State. You could go to the red counties in a blue State and find plenty of folks like you. Venturing into a blue county might be a life altering experience. I cannot imagine many converts coming out of a lot of those areas. It isn't that they don't understand - they don't want to understand. I lived in NJ. I've seen it first hand.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

chasfm11 wrote:
Jasonw560 wrote:Then, we need to volunteer to go to those red states and help if we can. Show some solidarity to our brothers and sisters saddled with blue Senators.
We might want to practice on the blue State elements that are here in Texas. I fear that venturing into many of the blue States, one would have to be very careful about "showing solidarity." There is a neat by county map that shows the reds and blues within each State. You could go to the red counties in a blue State and find plenty of folks like you. Venturing into a blue county might be a life altering experience. I cannot imagine many converts coming out of a lot of those areas. It isn't that they don't understand - they don't want to understand. I lived in NJ. I've seen it first hand.
I can just see a dozen Texans knocking on doors in urban Chicago.....
-----------

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

ouch, that could be bad...very bad...I'm not sure for whom... :biggrinjester:
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

SewTexas wrote:ouch, that could be bad...very bad...I'm not sure for whom... :biggrinjester:
I think as long as one of us is a Texas Ranger it'll work out
-----------

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

well there ya go then!

:txflag:
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

Rex B wrote:
chasfm11 wrote:
I can just see a dozen Texans knocking on doors in urban Chicago.....
I'd be willing to bring the fight to their doorstep. But not while they've got their draconian opposition to our 2nd Amendment rights.

Really, though, I think the idea of letting folks in so-called battle-ground counties would probably do more good than trying to convince communities that rely on entitlements that working for what you want is much more valuable & liberating. Keep in mind, we will have our own mid-term elections to contend with as well. First priority should be making sure that our own Lone Star State is back on solid ground (speaking from BHO-carried Harris County).

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

I was very disappoint to see BHO get 47% right here in Texas. that was sobering
-----------

smoothoperator
Posts in topic: 1

Post by smoothoperator »

Rex B wrote:I was very disappoint to see BHO get 47% right here in Texas. that was sobering
You mean Romney was right about something?

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 3

Post by chasfm11 »

Rex B wrote:I was very disappoint to see BHO get 47% right here in Texas. that was sobering
Ya ain't seen nothing yet. I'm not one to read tea leaves very often but I can definitely see this coming

http://weeklystandard.com/blogs/clinton ... 62080.html
Why? It's simple. She is going to run in 2016. She is immensely popular, perhaps much more than her husband, and there was a 20 point reported gender gap in the 2012 election that she will exploit nicely. Obama has done an excellent job of directing the narrative so no matter how bad the economy gets, the blame will be on the GOP. Given the surging Hispanic vote and the huge percentage of them voting Democratic, I don't see how the 2012 results are going to change in 4 years - except that Hillary will likely carry Texas.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “2012 Texas & Federal Elections”