2014 Primary Polling shows Cornyn may be on the ropes

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 10

2014 Primary Polling shows Cornyn may be on the ropes

Post by mojo84 »

I know there will be mixed feelings on this and who should win the Republican nomination. My intent is to bring it to people's attention and encourage people to get informed and vote!

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/t ... -below-50/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Charles, Can we get a 2014 Texas & Federal Elections category?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

paperchunker
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 2014 Primary Polling shows Cornyn may be on the ropes

Post by paperchunker »

mojo84 wrote:I know there will be mixed feelings on this and who should win the Republican nomination. My intent is to bring it to people's attention and encourage people to get informed and vote!

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/t ... -below-50/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think "The Blaze" and Glenn Beck are about as reliable a source as Alex Jones and Infowars "rlol"
NRA/LTC Instructor
NRA Patriot Life- Endowment Member

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SewTexas »

paperchunker wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I know there will be mixed feelings on this and who should win the Republican nomination. My intent is to bring it to people's attention and encourage people to get informed and vote!

I think "The Blaze" and Glenn Beck are about as reliable a source as Alex Jones and Infowars "rlol"

I think you'd be really surprised as to not only how well informed he is, but also how...influential he is.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I can't even imagine mentioning Beck in the same sentence as Alex Jones much less comparing the two.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

CenTex
Posts in topic: 4

Post by CenTex »

It bothers that the NRA and TSRA are at odds with me on candidate choices almost every election. I will not vote for John Cornyn but there is a BIG ad endorsing him in the latest Rifleman. I am strong Tea Party and was an EARLY supporter of Ted Cruz which Cornyn is not and will not be...

I believe our National Representative, John Carter is also highly recommended but he has no opponent;he is pro illegal immigrants and a good candidate could have taken him out. He was the chair on the committee to come up with the Republican amnesty plan until he got cooked, and it wasn't a slow boil either, at a local Town Hall.

The TSRA has endorsed the incumbent in Texas District 55 but a more conservative, pro-2nd Amendment person is available.

In previous elections the NRA was endorsing the less conservative (Democrat) candidate for our National Representative, Chet Edwards. At that time the District included Fort Hood. I dropped NRA membership over that one.

I realize that the 2nd Amendment groups are myopic as on that issue but by being so we wound up with 'pro-gun' Harry Reid as the Senate Majority Leader and you see what that has got us.... :rules:
CenTex
near Belton
NRA Benefactor, GOA, SAF & TSRA Life

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

We all have our own opinion on Joe Straus and I suggest using him as a litmus test. If an organization agrees with your opinion on the grade he earned, that tells you something about their endorsements and ratings. If an organization disagrees with your opinion of his performance, that also tells you something about their endorsements and ratings.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

CenTex wrote:It bothers that the NRA and TSRA are at odds with me on candidate choices almost every election. I will not vote for John Cornyn but there is a BIG ad endorsing him in the latest Rifleman. I am strong Tea Party and was an EARLY supporter of Ted Cruz which Cornyn is not and will not be...

I believe our National Representative, John Carter is also highly recommended but he has no opponent;he is pro illegal immigrants and a good candidate could have taken him out. He was the chair on the committee to come up with the Republican amnesty plan until he got cooked, and it wasn't a slow boil either, at a local Town Hall.

The TSRA has endorsed the incumbent in Texas District 55 but a more conservative, pro-2nd Amendment person is available.

In previous elections the NRA was endorsing the less conservative (Democrat) candidate for our National Representative, Chet Edwards. At that time the District included Fort Hood. I dropped NRA membership over that one.

I realize that the 2nd Amendment groups are myopic as on that issue but by being so we wound up with 'pro-gun' Harry Reid as the Senate Majority Leader and you see what that has got us.... :rules:
The NRA and TSRA rate candidates based upon performance if they are a sitting or former elected official and upon a Questionnaire if they do not have a voting record. To do otherwise would destroy our power. You mention "more conservative, pro-2nd Amendment" people, but based upon what? Is it based upon only their proclamations? The NRA and TSRA follow a proven policy of not abandoning old friends for new friends.

I understand why you don't like Chet Edwards, but he voted for the interest of American gun owners. The NRA couldn't turn against a long-time pro-Second Amendment supporter because you didn't like his liberal views on other issues. Had it done so, then a very clear message would have been sent to every Congressman that voting as the NRA wants them to vote does not mean the NRA will support you. That is an iron-clad way to destroy political power.

The NRA did not endorse Harry Reid in his last election and he was infuriated that we didn't. He not only has an excellent Second Amendment record, he has blocked numerous anti-gun bills and amendments to other bills. He lost the NRA endorsement when he voted to confirm Kagan to the U.S. Supreme Court. Blame the residents of Nevada for Harry Reid, not the NRA.

Without the NRA, the Second Amendment would have been reduced to a historical footnote. Yet you left the NRA because the NRA wouldn't get involved in abortion or immigration or endorse your preferred candidate because they are so-called "Tea Party" supporters. Apparently, you are a "Tea Party" supporter before you are a Second Amendment supporter. I respect your personal decision, but vehemently disagree with that philosophy.

Chas.

CenTex

Post by CenTex »

I left the NRA over Edwards but rejoined because of the many 2nd amendment foes... Check my signature line... :patriot: :txflag: :hurry:
CenTex
near Belton

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I have to agree with Charles on this. I am not a single issue voter, but I do expect NRA and TSRA to be single issue endorsers. It just means that I have to do more research and get endorsements or ratings from other areas before I decide how to vote.

I learned that this is how they should be many years ago when i was in San Antonio. I served two terms on the union board of directors. The first time, I questioned why we were endorsing candidates that no sane police officer would ever vote for. The answer was that they were the people who supported labor and helped us get the benefits we wanted in our contracts. By the second term, I had learned that many of the more senior people were holding their noses when they endorsed these people and no one expected any officer to vote for them, but that it really paid back when it came to a tough issue on a contract.

I do use second Amendment issues as the primary guide now, since it is usually reflective of their basic opinion on people (do they trust citizens or not). But I always look at other issues I consider important too. I urge you to do the same.
Steve Rothstein

CenTex

Post by CenTex »

srothstein wrote:I have to agree with Charles on this. I am not a single issue voter, but I do expect NRA and TSRA to be single issue endorsers. It just means that I have to do more research and get endorsements or ratings from other areas before I decide how to vote.

***SNIP **** But I always look at other issues I consider important too. I urge you to do the same.
I don't think I understand this... :confused5

My complaint was that other issues are not considered by the 2nd Amendment groups and they usually do not consider all of the candidates for the office in their selection. It also seems that the incumbent is usually the winner regardless of the challenger's agenda... I guess a bird in hand beats two in the bush...

:iagree:I agree that a person's stand on the 2nd Amendment is usually an indicator as to their stand on other issues of importance to me; that is why I have thrown a lot of money, relative to my income, at the 2nd Amendment groups. I am not a gun lover as such but a Constitution lover with the tools necessary to support that love...
CenTex
near Belton

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Sorry, CenTex. My point is that I expect the 2A groups to endorse based solely on 2A issues, but I urge you as an individual to consider any other issues you consider important in addition to the 2A issues. I don't think you have a valid complaint about the NRA not considering other issues.

I do agree that they should consider all candidates in an election though, not just the two main parties. About the closest they have come, that I am aware of, is to add that Libertarian Party candidates generally are pro-gun, even if they do not endorse individual candidates. I am not sure about the TSRA on their endorsements in this area. Having said that, I understand the tactics of sticking with the main candidates even if I don't agree with it.
Steve Rothstein

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Abott or Davis?
Answer: The choice is as clear as seeing the sun at noon.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

CenTex

Post by CenTex »

"Abott or Davis?
Answer: The choice is as clear as seeing the sun at noon."

Who? :headscratch

One, who to my knowledge has honored his commitments... :txflag:

or

One that said "I Do" until the bills are paid and then says "I'm Gone"... :roll:

In case you haven't noticed I like 'Smilies'... :anamatedbanana
CenTex
near Belton

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

CenTex wrote:"Abott or Davis?
Answer: The choice is as clear as seeing the sun at noon."

Who? :headscratch

One, who to my knowledge has honored his commitments... :txflag:

or

One that said "I Do" until the bills are paid and then says "I'm Gone"... :roll:

In case you haven't noticed I like 'Smilies'... :anamatedbanana
:iagree:

I don't know about you, but where I come from we have something we call 21 year old young ladies that date 34 year old men with money....and it ain't Governor.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

What does this topic have to do with Davis and Abbott? Why not start your own thread if you want to debate Abbott vs. Davis?

I started this to bring attention to Cornyn's re-election bid.

Return to “2012 Texas & Federal Elections”