2014 Primary Results

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Re: 2014 Primary Results

Post by Right2Carry »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:So you're not going to vote at all? Cool, you're now officially irrelevant.
Really? Lucky for me I get to pick and choose which ballot boxes I check. I guess that makes me irrelevant only on certain candidates. A candidate who is pro gun and pro life doesn't do it for me anymore, they must also be fiscal conservative after all what good is any of this when we are a third world country because we have overspent and over borrowed? That day is eventually going to get here.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 5

Post by baldeagle »

Right2Carry wrote:I voted against Cornyn and he will have to win without my vote.
So you would prefer a Democrat to a man who is ranked one of the 15 most conservative Senators in the nation? http://www.nationaljournal.com/pictures ... s-20140206" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting "logic".
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Right2Carry wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:So you're not going to vote at all? Cool, you're now officially irrelevant.
Really? Lucky for me I get to pick and choose which ballot boxes I check. I guess that makes me irrelevant only on certain candidates. A candidate who is pro gun and pro life doesn't do it for me anymore, they must also be fiscal conservative after all what good is any of this when we are a third world country because we have overspent and over borrowed? That day is eventually going to get here.
We sure won't get there by allowing the Cornyn's of the world to go down to defeat because of ideological purity standards. The only chance we have of saving this nation is to get more Senators like Cruz and Cornyn. Even then it's a shaky proposition.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison

Jason K
Banned

Post by Jason K »

Baldeagle: 14th out of 50....that's a high standard you have there....

As you see, there are plenty of voters who don't see much difference b/t Cornyn & Alameel. One is content with letting Obama do whatever he wants with no limit on the credit line....and the other one is Alameel. Kinda hard to fire up your conservative base with that baggage on your voting record. And I wouldn't rule out Battleground Texas....they're moving support away from Davis, but they may see the Senate race as a winnable fight....

....and Johnson was a Democrat.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

baldeagle wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
We sure won't get there by allowing the Cornyn's of the world to go down to defeat because of ideological purity standards. The only chance we have of saving this nation is to get more Senators like Cruz and Cornyn. Even then it's a shaky proposition.
Cruz and Cornyn are worlds apart as far as conservatives go. I think Cruz would be embarrassed to be lumped in with the likes of Cornyn. You may be fine with Senators who barely meet the minimum qualification as conservative while I have higher expectations for those that want my vote. John Cornyn has proven that he no longer deserves my vote. I want better for my country and state than Cornyn has to offer. Like I said, those who want to run will have to earn my vote by their actions not their words.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasCajun »

I'm in the "Anybody but Cornyn" camp. Cornyn benefited from a large slate of competitors where no one really took the lead to stand out. Even various Tea Party groups could consolidate their recommendation into one challenger or another. Most local groups that I saw had 2-4 recommendations. Cornyn-Cruz is who we have now, and Alameel-Cruz is the only likely alternative. I don't like having to vote for the lesser of 2 evils, but that's really the only option here. With the amount of money that Battleground Texas has and will continue to pour into the November election, a non-vote IS INDEED a vote for Alameel.

On the bright side, our choice of candidates for state-level offices were such that even if our guy/gal didn't win; we're still in great shape come November. The libs can spin it all they want to, but the truth is that true conservatives are in a position to continue to make laws and set policy for our great state despite tremendous efforts to the contrary.
:txflag:
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Jason K wrote:Baldeagle: 14th out of 50....that's a high standard you have there....

As you see, there are plenty of voters who don't see much difference b/t Cornyn & Alameel. One is content with letting Obama do whatever he wants with no limit on the credit line....and the other one is Alameel. Kinda hard to fire up your conservative base with that baggage on your voting record. And I wouldn't rule out Battleground Texas....they're moving support away from Davis, but they may see the Senate race as a winnable fight....

....and Johnson was a Democrat.
Seriously? Cornyn scored higher than Rand Paul. His aggregate score was 84.8. Ted Cruz was 95. Rand Paul was 82. A RINO is Lindsey Graham, John McCain, Mitch McConnell. Cornyn isn't even close to that. Perception is everything, and you guys have been ruined by Ted Cruz. You need to realize that he is a rare diamond.

The scumbag the Tea Party put up never should have been on the ballot. He wasn't worthy to step into a Senator's shoes. Now you've got 6 years to get it right and put up an ethical candidate (like a Ted Cruz) who, if he beats Cornyn, won't embarrass Texas and the Tea Party.

You guys need to remember, if you're going to elect someone to the right of Attila the Hun and expect them to win in November, they'd better be as ethical as the day is long, articulate as Obama and a strong enough fighter to bear up under the entire weight of the Democrats, the media and the RINOs. The guy the Tea Party put up this year would have lost in November. Which seems to be what some folks are willing to do for purity's sake.

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 12

Post by mojo84 »

Is there anyone out there that you agree with 100% on all the issues?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

mojo84 wrote:Is there anyone out there that you agree with 100% on all the issues?
Excellent question. Here's a follow-up question. If anyone answers "yes" to the initial question, is it based upon a political track record, or merely what they have said to get vote.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Right2Carry wrote:
Keith B wrote:
Right2Carry wrote: I don't want either man. If a man can't stick by the principles he campaigns on then he doesn't deserve my vote. My vote is worth something and it won't be cast anymore for the lesser of two evils. Cornyn is not very far removed from McCain and I consider them the be two peas in a pod.
A non-vote for Cornyn is in essence a vote for Alameel.
That dog won't hunt anymore. It's a scare tactic being used along the same lines as calling someone a racist for being anti Obama.
Don't play the race card again. As for your hunting dog analogy, the guy with the most votes wins so maybe you'll reconsider not voting for Cornyn. Plan A is for a candidate to get you to vote for him. Failing that, Plan B is to get you not to vote for his opponent.

In another post you say guns and saving babies aren't enough for you because you want fiscal responsibility also. Well you aren't going to get it with Alameel and he'll also take your guns and kill babies in the process of spending your money.

Chas.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
Keith B wrote:
Right2Carry wrote: I don't want either man. If a man can't stick by the principles he campaigns on then he doesn't deserve my vote. My vote is worth something and it won't be cast anymore for the lesser of two evils. Cornyn is not very far removed from McCain and I consider them the be two peas in a pod.
A non-vote for Cornyn is in essence a vote for Alameel.
That dog won't hunt anymore. It's a scare tactic being used along the same lines as calling someone a racist for being anti Obama.
Don't play the race card again. As for your hunting dog analogy, the guy with the most votes wins so maybe you'll reconsider not voting for Cornyn. Plan A is for a candidate to get you to vote for him. Failing that, Plan B is to get you not to vote for his opponent.

In another post you say guns and saving babies aren't enough for you because you want fiscal responsibility also. Well you aren't going to get it with Alameel and he'll also take your guns and kill babies in the process of spending your money.

Chas.
I didn't play a race card. I made a referance to a scare tactic that is often used on people who didn't vote for Obama. I was comparing scare tactics. How you came up with me playing a race card is beyond me.

I guess no one is allowed a dissenting opinion on a candidate around here anymore. I guess we have forgotten how to hold our elected officials accountable for their actions because of what we might get. Maybe if our elected officials were scared of the voters and what they might do things would change.

I have a right to my opinion on Cornyn just like ever other member on this board.

I still don't understand how my statement was deemed throwing a race card when that was not my intention at all.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I too am upset that Cornyn did not take a similar strategy as Cruz with regard to some of the most important issues to me. I was very disappointed and have made sure his office is aware and will continue to do so.

However, not voting for him at this point is like cutting of your nose in spite of your face.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Jason K
Banned

Post by Jason K »

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Seemed an appropriate quote for this discussion....

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Jason K wrote:"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Seemed an appropriate quote for this discussion....
That canard is thrown around all the time. What they forget to mention is that strong opposition to an incumbent should take place in the PRIMARY, not in the general election. In the general election you circle the wagons, because the bad guys are on the other side. The Dems do that exceedingly well (which is why they win so much.) Republicans are often far too hard headed to face reality.

For example, my representative was opposed by a Tea Party candidate. He won, but I hope he got a wakeup call. If not, he'll be challenged again in two years. And again and again and again until he either wakes up or goes down to defeat. In November, I will vote for him, but I guarantee you he will continue to hear from me on every issue in which we disagree.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I just read elsewhere that McConnell said something about republicans "crushing" the tea party. That kind of infighting is a huge part of why we are in the situation we find ourselves.

Return to “2012 Texas & Federal Elections”