Guardian Defensive Solutions (NW Houston)?

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
HighHandicap
Posts in topic: 1

Guardian Defensive Solutions (NW Houston)?

Post by HighHandicap »

Does anyone have experience with Guardian Defensive Solutions. According to their website, they used to be two companies: CD Shoot and Guardian Defensive Shooting.

I am interested in some of their training, but I don't know anything about their instructors, facilities, or quality. Does anyone have an experience they'd like to share?

katybsrt

Re: Guardian Defensive Solutions (NW Houston)?

Post by katybsrt »

Have taken two private lessons with Josh through Hotwells shooting center. I was very impressed with him. Prior to my first lesson, I had not handled a pistol in many years. He made me very comfortable, and gave me great advice and helped my stance and aim alot. he even helped me find a place to buy the gun that I wanted. :patriot:

blackdog8200

Post by blackdog8200 »

katybsrt wrote:Have taken two private lessons with Josh through Hotwells shooting center. I was very impressed with him. Prior to my first lesson, I had not handled a pistol in many years. He made me very comfortable, and gave me great advice and helped my stance and aim alot. he even helped me find a place to buy the gun that I wanted. :patriot:
:iagree:

Josh and Donovan are great to work with and the Tactical 1, 2 and 3 courses were excellent. They can take you from basic to multiple threats, vehicle shooting in three evenings. You can repeat any level again as much as you like for $25 after the first time. They work from a "No one stands still in a gunfight" premise. I think the name change came after Cheryl (mother) passed away....she was a pillar of the community.

The group lessons might seem intimidating at first but the folks that go are just like you...wanting to learn and improve. Besides, practicing gun fighting skills while there is live gunfire on either side of you is good for developing awareness and focus without tunnel vision.

I’m trying to convince my wife to take a private lesson with Josh....I watched him work with the ladies in my class and he has an excellent demeanor and is very patient.

I whole heartedly recommend them for training. I wanted to shoot more after my training and that led me to IDPA.

Good luck and God bless.
Harris County
NRA Life Member 1986

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

I haven't been to Hot Wells in many months, and didn't know Cheryl had passsed. This is a shock and terribly sad. The Lamar family will be on my prayer list.

I first met Donovan about seven years ago, and Josh six. I can't comment on the current curriculum, but they used to offer good classes at good prices. For folks near the HotWells range (290 @ Skinner), having some flexible schedules and evening course times is a big plus.

If somebody bumps into Josh, ask him if he still has a Kimber TLE.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “General”