NRA Training Counselor Workshop

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
TraCoun
Posts in topic: 1

NRA Training Counselor Workshop

Post by TraCoun »

As some of you know, I am an NRA Training Counselor. I am trying to put together enough people to have the NRA do a Training Counselor Workshop at PSC in Friendswood some time in the first half of 2011.
I can't say for sure when it will be, because the NRA will have to schedule someone from their staff to come down to run it.
The cost is also not known exactly, because it depends on the expenses for the NRA staff person. But from previous experience these courses recently ran about $ 450 per person in some areas.
We need a minimum of 8 people to commit. I have 5 already. The maximum is 12.
If you have any interest, go to the NRA website, to the NRA Programs link. Under Education and Training, find the Training Counselor heading.
There you can find a printable application and guidelines. You can contact the NRA about exact qualifications. You will need to be a currently certified instructor in at least rifle, pistol and shotgun, and additional certifications are a help. I believe they also want you to be a certified RSO, but am not sure. They also require you to have taught a certain minimum number of basic classes, involving a certain overall number of students. Since they have recently revamped TC requirements I'm not sure of those exact numbers.
If you are interested in coming to Friendswood for this TC Workshop, please PM me so I am aware. I will be contacting the NRA sometime this week to make progress on this.
Thanx,
TraCoun

goheeled
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NRA Training Counselor Workshop

Post by goheeled »

Do you know of any NRA Training Counselor Workshops taking place here in Texas anytime soon?

Rod Townsend
Go Heeled Firearms Training
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Training Counselor & Chief Range Safety Officer

Return to “General”