360 Tactical - Review

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Chris Brines
Posts in topic: 1

360 Tactical - Review

Post by Chris Brines »

I've taken one class, "Fundamentals of Defensive Pistol 1" through 360 Tactical at Memorial Shooting Center in Houston. I've also been to one "Tactical Thursday" session, which is for those who have already taken the FDP1 class. Tactical Thursday is comparable to an IDPA match, but it is not a competition it is specifically geared towards making sure that new skills are learned, and skills previously learned, are perfected. I will say this much, I have never had any other type of firearms training, so I can't compare it to others, with price being a factor, but I was very pleased with the instruction I've received, and plan to take several more classes in the future.

It isn't cheap but it is not the most expensive training I've seen either. I'd say it is well worth the money for the skills you will walk away with. If I had to guess, I'd have to say it's in the mid price range compared to some of the prices I've skimmed across just browsing online.

As for the quality of the instruction, I was very impressed. Not only do they go through fundamental, methodical drills that make you quicker and more accurate with your gun, something absolutely vital for ensuring you get your target and only your target, but the instructors are very personable, extremely friendly, patient people. One of the best things about them is that they will observe your technique and point out specific errors you are making, and then work with you to get them corrected as quickly as possible. I'd definitely recommend them to anyone seeking firearms training.

Return to “General”