Review of Training from Tac Pro Shooting Center

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Review of Training from Tac Pro Shooting Center

Post by Paladin »

A buddy of mine just got deployed to Afghanistan. He's been in the reserves for quite some time, but I ragged on him enough that he finally went out to get some private training. ;-) He took a class from Bill Davison of Tac Pro in January.

My buddy's review:

"The private course that I took was worth the time and money spent. It was ~1300 dollars for four days and as frugal(cheap) as I am... it was worth every penny. It involved over about 1200 rounds of 9mm amunition, 1000 rounds of 5.56mm amunition(1/4 of it fired in the full auto training), and about 200 rounds of 9mm simunitions. By the end I was shooting 8 inch targets with a pistol and 80 yards, particpated in simulated firefights lasting 6 plus minutes, practiced coordinating fire while under fire(using simunitions), and completed several rounds of instruction on the jungle run/heavily forested pop up target run."

Anyway, if anybody else out there is up for deployment, you may want to check this out.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

fm2

Post by fm2 »

Sounds like money well spent.

Here's a brief bio. from the news page

Bill Davison is imminently qualified to teach weaponcraft to civilians, law enforcement officers and the military. He is a veteran of the Royal Marine Special Boat Service, the British equivalent of the US Navy SEALS, and has taught and used firearms for more than 20 years, including action in Northern Ireland.

casselthief
Banned

Post by casselthief »

you think you could get an education write off, as a soldier/reservist.
might be more of an incentive for folks to think about it!

Vol Texan

Re: Review of Training from Tac Pro Shooting Center

Post by Vol Texan »

Derrick1986 wrote:Post and Member has been deleted.
Interesting. You have a total of three postings on this forum, and all three are focused on insulting just one person /one business. You may not like this place, but you seem to take it too personally.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

LTUME1978

Re: Review of Training from Tac Pro Shooting Center

Post by LTUME1978 »

Another place to get training is CSAT. Paul Howe was career military with 10 years in Delta. He has a class that is limited to military/law enforcement as well as a lot of other great classes that civilians can take. You will never see his ego while at the class and he is a great instructor. I have taken two classes with him and am signed up for two more the first half of this year. If I can get this tired, old body in good enough shape to meet the physical requirements, I also want to take his new class - Urban Defense.

Return to “General”