NRA Refuse To Be A Victim and Home Firearm Safety

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Posts in topic: 1

NRA Refuse To Be A Victim and Home Firearm Safety

Post by 77346 »

Today me and my family attended two NRA classes: Refuse To Be A Victim and Home Firearm Safety. These aren't shooting courses.

The first course, RTBAV, was very, very informative. Unless you're in law enforcement, I would recommend every family to get that kind of training at least once in a lifetime. There were a lot of details, things that I thought I knew that I really had no clue about... it was a real eye opener on how little things here and there can help you avoiding becoming a victim. This isn't a self-defense course either, but more of a personal awareness course.

The second course, Home Firearm Safety, I did because my wife wasn't comfortable with the number of firearms and ammunition I keep at home. She isn't anti-gun, but doesn't understand why anyone "needs more than one pistol or one revolver or one rifle." The instructor brought several firearms, which we inspected... then he showed us how to safely operate them (using snap caps). After the class my wife clearly understood the three major types of firearms (handguns, rifles & shotguns) and also the difference between full-automatic and semi-automatic, single vs double action, etc. I tried to explain to my wife that firearms are kinda like purses or shoes, that "only one" does not fit every occasion... you can't shoot deer with a .22LR semi-automatic rifle, or shoot ducks with a bolt-action 30-06... I think she finally got it!

The training was conducted by Jason MacDonald (beepreparedtraining.com), which is located in Richmond, TX. Jason was kind enough to come to my home to conduct both classes, since we couldn't make the ones scheduled at his location. Jason kept it interesting for all of us: my mom, my daughters and niece (teens) and my wife and me.
Alex
NRA Benefactor Life & TSRA Life Member
Bay Area Shooting Club Member
CHL since 7/12 | 28 days mailbox-to-mailbox

RPB
Banned

Re: NRA Refuse To Be A Victim and Home Firearm Safety

Post by RPB »

:thumbs2: :thumbs2:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

mrvmax

Re: NRA Refuse To Be A Victim and Home Firearm Safety

Post by mrvmax »

Thanks for the review of the classes, sounds interesting.

Return to “General”