Class recommendations for DFW area

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Superman
Posts in topic: 2

Class recommendations for DFW area

Post by Superman »

I'd like to take my wife to a beginner handgun class in the DFW area. I've looked at the sticky thread here and there are lots of options. Any good recommendations? I'd like to take it with her (so no lady only classes) and I'd actually like the class to push her limits a bit towards the end of it. She likes shooting but has only gone to the range with me probably 5 times. She wants professional teaching from the beginning so she can start participating in IDPA matches with me (yes, I married a good woman :mrgreen: ). I'm not opposed to non-shooting classes (snap cap's are used I guess), but would prefer live fire practice and instruction.

This is also the first step in my grand plan of convincing her get her CHL at some point :thumbs2:

Thanks in advance!

OldGrumpy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Class recommendations for DFW area

Post by OldGrumpy »

I just took a class from Jim Adelt of Texas Gun Safety today at Elm Fork Gun Range. He was very patient, detailed, and personable. When I left I felt my accuracy had improved 100%.
Love God, Family, USA, and Texas
Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with God - Micah 6:8

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

Crossfire
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

DFW is a pretty large area -care to narrow it down?
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Superman wrote:I'd like to take my wife to a beginner handgun class in the DFW area. I've looked at the sticky thread here and there are lots of options. Any good recommendations? I'd like to take it with her (so no lady only classes) and I'd actually like the class to push her limits a bit towards the end of it. She likes shooting but has only gone to the range with me probably 5 times. She wants professional teaching from the beginning so she can start participating in IDPA matches with me (yes, I married a good woman :mrgreen: ). I'm not opposed to non-shooting classes (snap cap's are used I guess), but would prefer live fire practice and instruction.

This is also the first step in my grand plan of convincing her get her CHL at some point :thumbs2:

Thanks in advance!
Female instructor. Excellent in instruction & also w/ other women.
http://www.crossfire-training.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

longtooth wrote:
Superman wrote:I'd like to take my wife to a beginner handgun class in the DFW area. I've looked at the sticky thread here and there are lots of options. Any good recommendations? I'd like to take it with her (so no lady only classes) and I'd actually like the class to push her limits a bit towards the end of it. She likes shooting but has only gone to the range with me probably 5 times. She wants professional teaching from the beginning so she can start participating in IDPA matches with me (yes, I married a good woman :mrgreen: ). I'm not opposed to non-shooting classes (snap cap's are used I guess), but would prefer live fire practice and instruction.

Thanks in advance!
Female instructor. Excellent in instruction & also w/ other women.
http://www.crossfire-training.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:iagree:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
Superman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Superman »

Thanks for the responses guys! I'm going to sign up my wife this weekend!

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

Denton County Sports, he has a great Handgun 101 class, lots of patience with new shooters and many years of experience. My wife took it and really enjoyed everything about the class.
Salty1

Return to “General”