Questions regarding testing procedures

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
pkgrif
Posts in topic: 1

Questions regarding testing procedures

Post by pkgrif »

How is the knowledge portion of the test administered? And what should I expect in the classroom, power-point presentation, handouts or manuals, etc? How long in the classroom and how long on the range?

Teamless

Re: Questions regarding testing procedures

Post by Teamless »

each instructor will do different ways of presenting

The test is multiple choice, and throughout the day, the instructor may say "this is worth noting" or "this is on the test", so make notes.
The test is relatively easy, and mostly common sense

When I took my class, the range was about 1 hour and the classroom was about 9 hours, if I remember right.

Also, depending on where you are taking your class at, you may want to bring a cushion to sit on, your butt may get sore!
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Tamie

Post by Tamie »

:iagree: Some instructors use power point, some don't. Some instructors play videos, some don't. Some instructors tell war stories, some don't. Some instructors use PG language, some don't.

The written test is easy if you pay attention. The shooting test is so easy most people pass by the time they're done at 7 yards. A 9 to 1 split sounds right for time.

Neverpanic1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Neverpanic1 »

Save the trees ! Hand out the printed test, but have students answer only on a "homemade" answer sheet. Return printed test when done. : )
Texas LTC Instructor/ NRA Certified Instructor

bigbang

Post by bigbang »

Neverpanic1 wrote:Save the trees ! Hand out the printed test, but have students answer only on a "homemade" answer sheet. Return printed test when done. : )
No scantron? :lol:
This is a Glock 40. Fifty Cent. Too Short. All of them talk about a Glock 40. OK?
I'm the only one in this forum fool enough - that I know of - to shoot himself with a Glock 40.

Neverpanic1

Post by Neverpanic1 »

bigbang wrote:
Neverpanic1 wrote:Save the trees ! Hand out the printed test, but have students answer only on a "homemade" answer sheet. Return printed test when done. : )
No scantron? :lol:

Ugh ! Scantrons still give me the "heebeegeebees". Lol
Texas LTC Instructor/ NRA Certified Instructor

jmra

Post by jmra »

Tamie wrote::iagree: Some instructors use power point, some don't. Some instructors play videos, some don't. Some instructors tell war stories, some don't. Some instructors use PG language, some don't.

The written test is easy if you pay attention. The shooting test is so easy most people pass by the time they're done at 7 yards. A 9 to 1 split sounds right for time.
Some instructors don't give written test. According to an instructor I spoke with recently, the code states that a test must be administered. It does not state how it is to be administered. He administers a group oral test with required participation by all students.
I really don't care if he is right or not, just stating that is the way some are doing it.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Tamie wrote::iagree: Some instructors use power point, some don't. Some instructors play videos, some don't. Some instructors tell war stories, some don't. Some instructors use PG language, some don't.

Had a student in class Sat that saie she was there because her husband told here she was not going to the class he was at. Find another. It was not lady friendly. :banghead:

Mine is "G" rated like the board. I have reminded a few on occasion but only had to just stop one in the middle of a rant. That was a woman :banghead:
There is a difference between women & ladies. :thumbs2:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

jmra

Post by jmra »

longtooth wrote:There is a difference between women & ladies. :thumbs2:
Amen!
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “General”