chl renewal confusion

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
FuziDave
Posts in topic: 2

chl renewal confusion

Post by FuziDave »

so i'm up for my first renewal. and i'm a bit confused.

i got a letter from the TX DPS saying i can do the renewal application online and pay. (which i did.) and to get a CHL-100 "proof of Continuing Education course completion". but the only thing on the online checklist was to submit the letter of proof of payment with a bar code.

i went to Bullet Trap to ask about their renewal classes, and was told there are no classes required for renewal. just all on line.

searched for another chl instructor, and on their site they offered a renewal class. found another instructor's site that says you can disregard the CHL-100.

so i'm confused as to what else is required of me, or being all paid up, i'm done and just wait for the plastic.
FuziDave

GeekwithaGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: chl renewal confusion

Post by GeekwithaGun »

you will need to send to DPS the barcode from the email receipt you received, I sent in the mail, but I beleive you can actaully upload to DPS as a PDF or image file. The CHL-100 is not needed and no renewal class is needed.
NRA Life Member

Topic author
FuziDave
Posts in topic: 2

Post by FuziDave »

yea, i emailed the bar code. also printed it and mailed it to be safe.

the generic status "waiting for necessary documents" made me wonder if they were waiting on the bar code (proof of payment) or that CHL-100.

thanks.
FuziDave

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jmra »

As of Sep 1 renewal classes are no longer required. You will want to review the other changes in the laws related to CHL that also went into effect Sep 1.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “General”