Training Supplies

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
brooks9093
Posts in topic: 3

Training Supplies

Post by brooks9093 »

I must be looking in all of the wrong places.

I was just certified this past week in Georgetown

Where should i look to purchase targets / "blue" gun / other essential training supplies

Suggestions are also welcome

jbarn
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Training Supplies

Post by jbarn »

Law Enforcement Targets is one place to purchase targets.

Blue training guns https://www.google.com/search?q=LAw+Enf ... n&safe=off are all over.

Where will you be conducting your training?
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

Topic author
brooks9093

Post by brooks9093 »

Thanks for the reply on the targets, i have found the martial arts training sites have "yellow" guns for half the price of the common blue gun

central panhandle amarillo/canyon/plainview

discoqueen
Posts in topic: 1

Post by discoqueen »

brooks9093 wrote:Thanks for the reply on the targets, i have found the martial arts training sites have "yellow" guns for half the price of the common blue gun

central panhandle amarillo/canyon/plainview
I would suggest springing for the blue guns (I've also seen red and gray ones, but not sure who makes those). The yellow ones that many martial arts training sites have are a softer, more pliable rubber, not plastic like the others. Those yellow ones work great for martial arts/combatives training, but they get dirty really fast, they get kinda dinged up when they get dropped on cement or gravel, and I have yet to find a dang holster that works really well with them.

Just my $.02.
How many tools are in your toolbox?
www.DefensiveMindset.com

Topic author
brooks9093

Post by brooks9093 »

Thanks for your input. I will look around , seems they are map priced everywhere

RKlenka

Post by RKlenka »

For Training Guns i always prefer using a Airsoft replica. That way you can actually show the slide working, you can remove the magazine, and even do basic stripping and maintenance. All stuff that you can not do on a blue/red/yellow solid gun, such as reloads, malfunctions, and basically anything, you can do better with a airsoft pistol. Blue guns are to expensive for what they are i think.

For targets, Amazon is not to bad of a place for them, Midway usually has them for a decent price.

Training aids such as break-away posters and break-away cut outs of ammunition and items such i usually just get from the NRA instructors store. Snap caps always handy to have.

Have a good arrange of holsters and setups for students with questions. Always have extras of forms, pencils and that type of items.

A projector and a laptop are good if you like power point slides, but i always make sure i have aids and notes in case there is a technical malfunction.

Hope that helps some
Texas CHL Instructor - NRA Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Black powder rifle, Black powder pistol
Russian Martial Art Systema Instructor, American Ninjutsu Instructor, CTCTG Instructor/Facilitator
http://www.fortworthcombatives.com

jbarn

Post by jbarn »

RKlenka wrote:For Training Guns i always prefer using a Airsoft replica. That way you can actually show the slide working, you can remove the magazine, and even do basic stripping and maintenance. All stuff that you can not do on a blue/red/yellow solid gun, such as reloads, malfunctions, and basically anything, you can do better with a airsoft pistol. Blue guns are to expensive for what they are i think.

For targets, Amazon is not to bad of a place for them, Midway usually has them for a decent price.

Training aids such as break-away posters and break-away cut outs of ammunition and items such i usually just get from the NRA instructors store. Snap caps always handy to have.

Have a good arrange of holsters and setups for students with questions. Always have extras of forms, pencils and that type of items.

A projector and a laptop are good if you like power point slides, but i always make sure i have aids and notes in case there is a technical malfunction.

Hope that helps some

You're a Ninja instructor? That rocks
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

RKlenka

Post by RKlenka »

You're a Ninja instructor? That rocks
I can shoot much better than i can throw any stars though :P
Texas CHL Instructor - NRA Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Black powder rifle, Black powder pistol
Russian Martial Art Systema Instructor, American Ninjutsu Instructor, CTCTG Instructor/Facilitator
http://www.fortworthcombatives.com

Return to “General”