New Open-Carry subforum

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

New Open-Carry subforum

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:05 pm

To make administration easier, a new subforum for open-carry discussions has been created. I have moved the threads I could find quickly to this new area, but I may have missed some. If so, they will be moved eventually. :lol:

Please put all new open-carry threads in this section. A "group" has been set up for people who simply cannot discuss this issue with civility and that "group" will not be able to post in the new open-carry subforum. A few posts have already been deleted, but the authors have not been added to the "Can't Post in Open-Carry" subforum . . . yet. This is the last chance for them to comply with forum rules.

Not only will this make moderating easier for this topic, it provides a way for us to take care of the problem without having to outright ban someone. If someone cannot post in the open-carry subforum, do not post on the topic elsewhere or you will be banned for the duration of the 2013 Texas Legislative Session.

When an open-carry bill is filed in 2013 and the inevitable thread is created to discuss it, it will not be moved to this new subforum, but the forum rules obviously apply.

Chas.
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: New Open-Carry subforum

Postby fickman » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:34 pm

Great solution!
Native Texian
fickman

Postby The Annoyed Man » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:41 pm

Thinking out of the box! Good for you Charles. :smilelol5:
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself." — Me
"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under." — H. L. Mencken
"A ragamuffin knows he’s only a beggar at the door of God’s mercy." — The Ragamuffin Gospel, by Brennan Manning
The Annoyed Man

Postby Vol Texan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:11 pm

Outstanding! Thanks to Charles and the other mods on here for a VERY well run site.
Vol Texan

Postby Oldgringo » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:28 pm

It will indeed be interesting to see how the OC question fares in this legislative.

Given Texas' legacy of various cowboy movies by the 100's, the Alamo, "Lonesome Dove", "Giant", "South Fork", capital punishment, etc., etc.; it is somehow inconceivable, if not hypocritical, that Texas does not allow OC. Reconstruction ended a long, long time ago. :txflag:
Oldgringo

Postby carlson1 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:54 pm

:thumbs2:
carlson1

Postby SA-TX » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:18 pm

The opportunity that you are providing for reasonable discussion, the polls, the attention, etc. adds to the evidence that the detractors of you and TSRA were wrong all along.

SA-TX
SA-TX

Postby tomtexan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:49 pm

:clapping:

This entire forum site is a fine tuned, well oiled machine.

Thanks Charles!
tomtexan

Postby PATHFINDER » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:53 pm

It's time for the Texas Legislature to reject the false premise expressed in Section 46.035a - observable holstered handgun carried by a CHL holder ( who may also be carrying a rifle in one hand and a shotgun in the other at the time ) presumptively disturbs the peace, negatively impacts public safety, or that this provision of Texas law actually functions to prevent crimes against persons.
PATHFINDER

Return to Open-Carry Discussions