Tucker vs Tucker & Byrd ????

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
flechero
Posts in topic: 5

Tucker vs Tucker & Byrd ????

Post by flechero »

Can someone clear me up on this? Both list same products/price/options and use same pics (at least for what I'm looking at) but with vastly different lead times. I assume there are 2 Tuckers, but related?

Any practical difference?

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Tucker vs Tucker & Byrd ????

Post by OneGun »

From lockedandloaded.us:
We are Locked and Loaded Gun Gear, LLC, proud owner and manufacturer of the Tucker Gun Leather holsters and belts product line. We are no longer associated with our former dealer Tuckergunleather.com. We offer custom, made as specified, leather and Kydex products in addition to our customizable standard product line of leather products. The Tucker Gun Leather reputation was established from creating quality holster and belts over a forty year time period. Tucker Gun Leather manufactured its high quality products by establishing new craftsmanship levels and by using only the finest leather available. This manufacturing philosophy has earned us a reputation as one of the highest quality leather products companies in the United States. In 2010 Tucker Gun Leather was acquired by Locked and Loaded Gun Gear, LLC. In August of 2012 the management of Locked and Loaded Gun Gear, LLC was restructured. The new management has implemented a very stringent quality standard and introduced business strategies which were designed to improve operational efficiencies while servicing the tough requirements of our vast customer base.

We are very pleased to announce that our Tucker Gun Leather division continues to be manufactured and promoted by the same superb craftsmen and salesmen who have previously provided the high quality Tucker Gun Leather gun accessories for several years. We are committed to providing the highest quality gun related products available while treating our valued customers the same way we want to be treated. You may expect our knowledgeable sales personnel to treat you like a member of our family.

If you should have any dis-satisfaction with our products, please let us know about it at your earliest opportunity. You will be amazed at how easily we can resolve your concerns. Now that you know about us, please browse our site and select the item that best suits your requirements. We look forward to welcoming you into our large family of satisfied customers.

BEWARE: There currently is a company manufacturing and selling counterfeit copies of our propriety leather goods and using our proprietary product names. If the product does not bear the only approved makers mark "Maker, WT, Tucker" then it is a counterfeit copy.
And from TuckerandByrd.com:
Tucker & Byrd, a division of Texas LeatherCraft, is a collaboration between Charles Byrd and W.T. Tucker. Both Tucker and Byrd have over 35 years each in the leather business.

Each brings with him his own unique set of skills and experiences to the work bench. The prime intent of this collaboration is to produce top quality leather goods where form and function meet and meld into a product that is the best that it can possibly be. It is our hope and belief that when a customer purchases one of our products it will give him value for many years to come. We thank you for your interest in our work and also for taking the time to read these few lines.

Regards, Tucker & Byrd
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
flechero

Post by flechero »

So Tucker gunleather (tuckergunleather.com) isn't even the real deal anymore? Or L&L operates both (which would make sense from a branding perspective)

Jiminey cricket, man... I just want to buy a holster. :roll:

Topic author
flechero

Post by flechero »

Will the real slim shady please stand up?! :lol:

SO which of the 3 tuckers is the actual Tucker we've come to know and love? Original and rightful Maker of the HF-1? :confused5

Sounds like locked and loaded but they say they've owned tucker since 2012... maybe I just missed that all this time.

Thanks for any clarification

thelurker

Post by thelurker »

You will want to buy from Tucker Gunleather (Rob Longnecker) directly, or you can get one from Tucker & Byrd. Orders from both places come out of the same shop.

I am about to order one for myself and will NOT be ordering from Locked and Loaded.
TSRA Life Member/NRA Endowment Member/Veteran

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

thelurker wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:55 pm You will want to buy from Tucker Gunleather (Rob Longnecker) directly, or you can get one from Tucker & Byrd. Orders from both places come out of the same shop.

I am about to order one for myself and will NOT be ordering from Locked and Loaded.
:thewave

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

:iagree: They are associated.

The real deal is that we all used to order from and still can is:
https://tuckergunleather.com/

Rob is still there and they are going strong. Talked to him tonight and they are so busy they are about 4-5 months on lead time to ship. :thumbs2:

Also just made an order for a HF3 for my S&W M19 2 1/2”.

Topic author
flechero

Post by flechero »

carlson1 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:21 pm :iagree: They are associated.

Rob is still there and they are going strong. Talked to him tonight and they are so busy they are about 4-5 months on lead time to ship. :thumbs2:

So just to be explicitly clear- so even I can understand it... the locked and loaded place is the fakery/copyright infringing, false advertising, forger?

You're a man of the cloth - you must tell me the truth! :lol:

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

flechero wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:08 am
carlson1 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:21 pm :iagree: They are associated.

So just to be explicitly clear- so even I can understand it... the locked and loaded place is the fakery/copyright infringing, false advertising, forger?

You're a man of the cloth - you must tell me the truth! :lol:
Yes sir that is my understanding. Only Tucker and Tucker & Byrd are the same.

Topic author
flechero

Post by flechero »

Thanks for the clarification!

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I ordered a magazine holster this morning from Tucker and Byrd. I asked how long till delivery and he told me three weeks. Not bad at all.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”