Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
DaveT
Posts in topic: 1

Crimson LG-404G question

Post by DaveT »

Morning folks.

I have a set of Crimson Trace LG-404G grips that I've had on a Kimber Ultra just sitting in the gun safe, took them off to switch them over to my Colt Defender and noticed a problem with them. When pressing the grip activation button, the green laser comes on for about 2 seconds, then quits. Replaced the batteries with new ones, same problem.

Called Crimson Trace customer service, waited over 20 minutes on hold, finally talked with a customer service rep who sent me an e-mail to reply to with photos of SN on inside of grip, plus the invoice to show they are still under the 3 year warranty. Tried to send that several times, kept getting error messages telling me that the e-mail was undeliverable, Crimson Trace's mailbox was full. Called back again, another long hold. Talked with another customer service rep, the said they received the e-mail, their system is sending out those mailbox full errors by mistake. She said she would talk with first rep to let her know my photos had come through so she could send me the instruction e-mail on how to return them with an RMA number. Still waiting for that.

My question to y'all is... has anyone else had the problem I described above with their CT laser grips? If so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

6L105
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Crimson LG-404G question

Post by 6L105 »

I had a positive experience with Crimson Trace several years ago. I had purchased a rail-mounted green laser for a Glock, but found that the activation button wouldn't consistently illuminate the laser. I contacted CT and they sent me a replacement, but the second unit worked just as poorly as the first. I was now well out of warranty, but wrote them anyway expressing my displeasure with their product and telling them I wouldn't recommend it for a self-defense weapon. They then sent me a more expensive unit, a green laser/flashlight combo, which has worked flawlessly.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”