DM Bullard IWB Clip holster

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Hyunchback
Posts in topic: 2

DM Bullard IWB Clip holster

Post by Hyunchback »

I don't like clip holsters but they are a necessary evil. My employer bans concealed carry and they even have the building posted with a legal 30.06 sign, now.

My choice is to not carry when I leave the house to go to work or to have a holster I can take off and put on while seated in my car. That tends to favor clip holsters over slotted ones.

I purchased my first DM Bullard holster used through an ad on this very board. Up to that point I had used a Don Hume model.

I was shocked by how much more comfortable the Bullard holster was over the Hume. So much so I wrote to the maker to rave how much I liked his product.

I liked it so much that I have now placed an order for more products from DM Bullard.

His products are not the cheapest but they are by far not even approaching the most expensive. I feel he offers good products at a fair price.
What is Project One Million: Texas?
The "Project" is a grassroots effort to increase the number of Texans who are members of the National Rifle Association from 250.000 to 1,000,000.
http://www.projectonemilliontexas.com/

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Re: DM Bullard IWB Clip holster

Post by longtooth »

good revierw hunchback, Thank you. :tiphat:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I own a DM Bullard IWB holster with a snapping belt loop for my Kimber Ultra. You're right - it is very comfortable. My complaint about it is that it only anchors the holster at one point, so the pistol tends to shift around more. That may be due to my build (muffin top), but I mostly use a Galco Royal Guard IWB now. Although it is not as comfortable as the Bullard, it is more stable. Maybe as I continue to lose weight (42 pounds so far), I'll be able to start wearing it again. However, I also own a DM Bullard gun belt and two of his 1911 IWB mag holders. I wear the belt pretty much every day, as well as the mag holders. Plus, if you ever have a chance to meet Dave Bullard at one of the gun shows, look him up. He's a really nice guy.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Hyunchback
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Hyunchback »

My order arrived today and it included Bullard's "Dual Carry".

I had chosen to purchase this one because it still had clips but had 2 of them.

This holster holds the pistol closer to the body than a ordinary single anchor point holster can.

The closest I've worn to this holster is a Comp Tac Minotaur. The Minotaur is great for the interchangeable Kydex portion of the holster. The C clips are okay.

Bullard's "Dual Carry" is better though less versatile. It is great for one single type of holster, such as all sizes of 9/40/.357 Glock but not to change between brands.

I don't see this as a handicap but a positive step.

This past night I didn't remove the holster when I went where my gun could not go. I simply removed the gun and left the holster in place.

The holster stayed in place better than a Minotaur. This may be due to the Beltman belt that also arrived today. I'll have to test to be sure.

The dual clips of the "Dual Carry" are a superior design and well worth my money. Great holster. Great price. Great company.
What is Project One Million: Texas?
The "Project" is a grassroots effort to increase the number of Texans who are members of the National Rifle Association from 250.000 to 1,000,000.
http://www.projectonemilliontexas.com/

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”