Regular belt vs gun belt?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Warhammer
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Regular belt vs gun belt?

Post by Warhammer »

I got an Uncle Mike's Reinforced Instructor Belt several months ago and it has become my everyday belt. It's a dead ringer for the Wilderness CSM belt with internal polymer stiffeners. The main differences are that the Uncle Mike's belt is only available in black and it is availabe on Amazon for $19, as opposed to $40 for the Wilderness version.
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow is too lazy to form an opinion." - Rogers, Will

duallydondon

Post by duallydondon »

I bought a Ruger gunbelt that is two layers of leather,,comes with chicago screws that you can swap the buckle if you want a different buckle,,Bianchi also makes really good belts

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

Warhammer wrote:I got an Uncle Mike's Reinforced Instructor Belt several months ago and it has become my everyday belt. It's a dead ringer for the Wilderness CSM belt with internal polymer stiffeners. The main differences are that the Uncle Mike's belt is only available in black and it is availabe on Amazon for $19, as opposed to $40 for the Wilderness version.
Does anyone make a good copy of the Wilderness frequent flyer belt? I was going to buy one online today but the $8 shipping charge on top of a $35 belt was a deal breaker for me. If I'm paying $35 for some webbing and plastic rings, shipping should be free.

I wouldn't mind paying $40 - $50 delivered if I needed a belt with a buckle that lets me safely rappel down the stairway at work, but I'm just not that tacticool. :lol:
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...my Wilderness belt's 3+ years old, metal buckle, and worth twice what I paid...which was about $34 + shipping...still has perfect shape, and I load it heavy every day...you can pay less...but may well get less...now mine's $39.95+ http://www.thewilderness.com/storepinna ... parent=142" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wienerdogtroy

Post by Wienerdogtroy »

gigag04 wrote:Reenforced to support the weight of the weapon.

A must have IMO.
Agreed. A regular belt wll be uncomfortable and weight heavily towards the pistol. A good gun belt will distribute the weight and be much much more comfortable. its so worth the minimal expense.

Galco, beltman (my choice), Minotaur, etc. etc. all have double hide or reinforced belts.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”