Comp-Tac Infidel

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
longtooth
Posts in topic: 17

Comp-Tac Infidel

Post by longtooth »

Definition: We who protect our women & children. Not hide behind them.
I like it.

Holster report: I like it too. Worn w/ a Kimber Pro CDP. This is a 4.25 inch barrel w/ a full size grip.
The modular set up is versatile & very functional. It all works.
I have now worn it daily for almost a month in all configurations. Some only long enough to test because they are not my personal preference.
It can be set up with 2 belt loops like the standard IWB leather holster. I wore it this way for several days. The loops & ledge on this holster keep it very stable even if the loops are not positioned w/ a belt loop between them. It did not creep as I have had a few do.

I like the adjustable cant set up better than the C-TAC. One loop & the adjustable clip at the rear are very stable. The ledge holds the holster at a much better highth than the C-TAC when worn strictly as a IWB. There is plenty of cant adjustment in my opinion.

In the tuckable mode I like it better than the C-TAC too. The cant is right for us who like the FBI angle. The ledge holds everything on top of the belt very stable & at the right height for me. There is no rock at all & does not take up as much belt space as the C-TAC.

My preference is still the gurka setup. I like the new clip design better than the old curved one. Excellent here for easy, often, on & off that is sometimes necessary. This new clip is stronger & if it does break can be replaced quickly w/o a whole new holster. The rear strut makes the holster solid & will not move.

In ever mode the new ledge is a great addition. This ledge sets right on top of the belt & gives a 1.5 inch straight base to keep the holster always at the same angle. This is the best change in the design.
I believe the Infidel will soon replace the Undercover & the Gurkha. It may in time become the tuckable holster of preference over the C-TAC.
If you like Kydex holsters, I believe you will really like this one.
LT
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

nitrogen
Posts in topic: 3

Post by nitrogen »

Sounds like I might be giving comp-tac some more of my money.

Does the Infadel setup poke you in the side when worn tuckable like the CTAC sometimes does?
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

Topic author
longtooth

Post by longtooth »

It did not poke me like the C-TAC I had did when I tucked it. The points of adjustable clips were what poked me when I would sit down. There is nothing in the front to poke. The flat ledge holds it against your belt in the front & the rear strut is a belt clip. I think it will eventually replace the C-TAC in popularity as a tuckable.
If I remember right you carry a Glock & I think w/ a shorter barrel than my K-Pro. Should do really good w/ that I think.

BTW, I still carry the Kel-Tec as BUG.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lrb111
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lrb111 »

Very good to hear. Thanks for writing it up LT.
Just wondering, if the holster might also be usable in a crossdraw configuration?
I gues I'm asking if the holster cants far enough backwards, so that it might be used crossdraw.

tia,
Larry
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

longtooth wrote:It did not poke me like the C-TAC I had did when I tucked it. The points of adjustable clips were what poked me when I would sit down. There is nothing in the front to poke. The flat ledge holds it against your belt in the front & the rear strut is a belt clip. I think it will eventually replace the C-TAC in popularity as a tuckable.
If I remember right you carry a Glock & I think w/ a shorter barrel than my K-Pro. Should do really good w/ that I think.

BTW, I still carry the Kel-Tec as BUG.
Glad that kel-tec finally worked out for you. I felt so bad about all your issues with it.

At the time I was carrying an XD, i've changed to an S&W M&P now. Based on your description, I'm going to be buying one in a few weeks.

Thanks for the review!
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
--anonymous

Topic author
longtooth

Post by longtooth »

lrb111 wrote:Very good to hear. Thanks for writing it up LT.
Just wondering, if the holster might also be usable in a crossdraw configuration?
I gues I'm asking if the holster cants far enough backwards, so that it might be used crossdraw.

tia,
Larry
Wont work for cross draw. Sorry.

Topic author
longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Nitrogen, no sweat on the KT. It is running now & KT did not give me the hassle that I had on the 1st one that is Mom's.

On the holster, I think you will like it in the tuckable. It is much better than the C-TAC.
LT

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jbirds1210 »

I have to add that the Infidel is a dream come true for fat boys! :grin: No poking. Only problem is the rest of my holsters are feeling neglected.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

The support clip on my Gurkha broke, and comp-tac is replacing it with an Infadel!

Apparently the clip breaking is a problem with some Gurkha's.
Another plus for the wonderful service from comp-tac.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
--anonymous

AG-EE
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AG-EE »

I have to add that the Infidel is a dream come true for fat boys!
Uh-oh...I just ordered a c-tac for my 229. Hope it doesn't poke too bad.

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

AG-EE wrote:
I have to add that the Infidel is a dream come true for fat boys!
Uh-oh...I just ordered a c-tac for my 229. Hope it doesn't poke too bad.
I've got a 229 CTAC gathering dust over here. If it's not too late to cancel your order, you can test drive mine before you buy.

Gary
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

AG-EE
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AG-EE »

Thanks for the offer. Would you recommend that I call them and try to change my order to the infidel?

hi-power

Post by hi-power »

LT, On their website, comp-tac shows a list of guns they make the Infidel for. Looks like they don't make it for the BHP, but did you order the 1911 Govt. for your Kimber? Also, is your Kimber a double-stack?

My brother has a double-stack Kimber and has trouble finding a holster for it. Usually he can't fit it into a regular 1911 holster because of the wider slide and trigger guard.

Topic author
longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I opted for the 3" holster for my Commander since they did not have the 4" mold ready. I do not mind the 1" out the open end.
Call them. They will tell you if they have a mold for the BHP. Great folks to deal with & service is top of the line.

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jbirds1210 »

I really wanted to like the C-tac....I called and talked to the folks at Comp-tac several times trying to get a configuration that worked for me. No matter what I did.....it poked me.

I finally got mad in my closet trying to put it on and it hit me that I had enough stress in my life without a holster poking me!

The Infidel is wonderful....problem solved. I am wearing it as I type! If you want to come down to PSC this weekend and shoot in the IDPA match.....I would be more than happy to bring it along for you to try out for a bit. Take care.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”