drifteratheart
Posts in topic: 6

Post by drifteratheart »

sorry, i meant the owb one's :grin:

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Mike1951 »

Your original request was for IWB.

The Tucker OWB I would recommend is the HF1.

But it won't conceal as readily as the Answer and you will have to select your cover garments more carefully.

You will not have a comfort issue with the Answer IWB and you will find it much easier to conceal and therefore easier to wear year round.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Reloader
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Reloader »

I ahve had good luck with the Kramer IWB #2 and #3. I have carried a 4" S&W 629 and S&W 457 auto in these with only a sport shrt cover. I am 6' and 265 and have never been "made"; also 2 speedloaders from HKS in my pocket as well as a pocketed 642. http://www.kramerleather.com
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor
Amateur radio Instructor, VE KE5LDO
Tarleton State University '74

longtooth
Posts in topic: 3

Post by longtooth »

Welcome aboard Reloader. Glad to have you & will say you sure do have good taste in holsters. ;-)
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

Welcome Reloader to the Forum!

Topic author
drifteratheart

Post by drifteratheart »

i was wondering what you guys think about pancake holsters, like this one from tucker.

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/colipawisw.html

longtooth
Posts in topic: 3

Post by longtooth »

Anything Tucker makes is quality.
If you like a pancake you will like his.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
drifteratheart

Post by drifteratheart »

lol, the problem is i have no experience with holsters. i actually just finished the chl class today, have to wait till Tuesday to send it off to austin.

hi-power

Post by hi-power »

Mike1951 wrote:Another vote for the Tucker Answer. I weigh 335 and it is truly comfortable even for extended wear.
Mike,

Did you also buy a belt from Tucker, or use one you already had?

I just ordered the Answer today, but not the belt. Trying to keep the purchase amount under the radar screen. Just curious, especially if you have the Bullhide belt, what you thought about it.

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

The only belt I bought from Tucker was a part of a matched Belt/HF1/mag holder set. It was the $90 variety, before stamping, not the Bullhide one. It's very, very good, but hard to feed through some belt loops. And you can forget about cell phone holders that clip to a normal belt.

I found a dealer at a gunshow last year that was willing to make belts in my required length. They were thick and well made. The belt should be sturdy, but is more critical with OWB carry. Just avoid flimsy, dress belts. (But you already know that!)

If you have the time, visit each of the holster makers that longtooth posted in the 'Concealed Carry Holster' thread. Don't get discouraged easily. Most of the makers charge dearly for belts, especially extra long ones, but there will be 3 or 4 of them that sell a good belt for a reasonable price and the surcharge for the extra length won't be excessive.

I found this response from Don Hume to an inquiry I made in 10/2004.

Cost on the B109-L 1 1/2" 56" is $50.35 (will have a oversized belt charge)
contact customer service at 800-331-2686 to place and order and mention this
email.

Thank you,
Shniece
Sales
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

hi-power

Post by hi-power »

Thanks Mike. That's the size I'm looking for also.

I bought this one from bigcamo.com:

Royden Shotshell Belt 801 56 Waist $33.99
Shipping: UPS Ground $7.75
Grand Total $41.74

But it doesn't feel quite sturdy enough. I'm still waiting on a Small of the Back holster from Fist, Inc., and I'll know for sure then.

I'll start looking around. Thanks for the advice.

Mithras61

Post by Mithras61 »

Y'all might give The Belt Man some thought. He made my 1.5" Horsehide belt & I love it, and he makes Bull Hide, Sharkskin & Elephant hide among others. He gets good ratings from most everyone I've talked to or asked about him for his products.

ScubaSigGuy

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

Mike1951 wrote: And you can forget about cell phone holders that clip to a normal belt.
You know i didn't even consider that. have you found a good solution. i wonder if there are any tapered belt designs?
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

Big Calhoun

Post by Big Calhoun »

I know you mentioned an IWB for the P2K but you could also look at the Galco concealable belt holster. I use it for my P2K SK and have been smitten with it.

I'm about 6ft, 250lbs (give or take). Flat in the rear, slight belly but too serious. I was lucky enough to have a helpful salesperson and he let me try several different holsters. After trying IWB, a belly band, and a shoulder holster, I settled on the Galco for concealability and comfort. I'm a bit of a metrosexual too, so the style of it helps also. But it really is a well made and functional holster for the money.

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

ScubaSigGuy wrote:You know i didn't even consider that. have you found a good solution. i wonder if there are any tapered belt designs?
You can clip the belt clip through a belt loop instead of on the belt proper.

I just broke the plastic phone holder with the hard, plastic clip. The belt was too thick for it too hook. If I tried, it tended to push up and come loose.

I then bought one of the pouches with a spring metal clip on the back. It would spring the clip to open it wide enough for the thick belt.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”