TactiPac Fusion Review

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
RJGold
Posts in topic: 12

TactiPac Fusion Review

Post by RJGold »

On Sunday my wife decided we should go mountain biking for Mother's Day. Being a good husband and father, I said yes.

Now to get on topic, I wore my TactiPac Fusion with my XDM 9mm during the 6 hour adventure. We spent most of the time biking but did some walking too. This is a comfortable holster. It stayed in place and did not cause any issues.

It is a little warm but truthfully, in South Texas in the spring and summer anything that adds coverage to your skin is warm.

Just thought I'd update a status.
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TactiPac Fusion Review

Post by SQLGeek »

Interesting, I haven't seen this one before. It looks comfortable. How's the draw from it?

Ah I was looking at the FusionPac on their website, not the TactiPac, never mind. :???:
Psalm 91:2

Topic author
RJGold

Post by RJGold »

SQLGeek wrote:Interesting, I haven't seen this one before. It looks comfortable. How's the draw from it?

Ah I was looking at the FusionPac on their website, not the TactiPac, never mind. :???:
About the draw, it depends on how you wear it. If I wear it with shorts, I tend to wear it deeper and it would make a quick draw more difficult. If I wear it with jeans I tend to wear it higher and the draw is more like a standard IWB holster.
Take Care.
RJ

Robert*PPS
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Robert*PPS »

Thanks for the update....I'm on week 5 of the wait. When you wear it with jeans, does the band that wraps around you ride above the jeans waistline, or does it ride right at the waistline requiring you to buy a bigger size jean?

Topic author
RJGold

Post by RJGold »

Robert*PPS wrote:Thanks for the update....I'm on week 5 of the wait. When you wear it with jeans, does the band that wraps around you ride above the jeans waistline, or does it ride right at the waistline requiring you to buy a bigger size jean?
You can wear it any place you like. I wear mine where the waist of my jeans just cover the Kydex part of the holster. In that position, the band rides around my hips just below the waistband of the jeans. The band is not thick enough where I've had to buy bigger jeans (i.e. if your jeans fit around your holster and weapon, you shouldn't notice the strap that's there).

Hopefully you'll get yours soon. It seems like they were saying the waits were getting shorter now.
Take Care.
RJ

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 9

Post by baldeagle »

I'm still waiting on mine as well. RJ, have you tried removing the extra mags? If so, what was your take on that?
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Topic author
RJGold

Post by RJGold »

baldeagle wrote:I'm still waiting on mine as well. RJ, have you tried removing the extra mags? If so, what was your take on that?
I tried the extra mag holders but the one in front is the only one that could be usable. You'd have to reach across your body to get it with your off hand. The one behind the weapon is not reachable. I have been carrying an extra mag in my cargo pocket (if I have one) or in my Dave Bullard IWB mag holder.

All that said, they seem to hold the mags well.
Take Care.
RJ

Topic author
RJGold

Post by RJGold »

Got this in my inbox from Anthony Battaglia today... I received my holster a few weeks ago but must still be on the mailing list. I thought I saw where they said they were into February orders a few weeks ago but I can't find the e-mail now.

Just thought I'd post this for those who are still waiting.
Hello everyone. This is a bulk email sent out to all of our friends.

Thank-you so much for your patience. As you know we are working hard
to get through the volume of orders we have received and still make
absolutely sure our quality of production is at its highest level.

We have just broken into February 2013 orders. January's sales were
off the charts because of legislation scares and firearm tragedies
in our country. February was the same with record setting sales volume.

As of today we are processing up to the 4th of February and anticipate
those to go out in the next day or so. We are steadily working to keep
up so we really appreciate your patience.

Thank-you again for your order. We will notify you with tracking
information as soon as your order ships out.
Take Care.
RJ

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

I was notified today that the holster I ordered in March! has shipped. Once I get it, and use it some, I'll do a writeup.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison

Topic author
RJGold

Post by RJGold »

baldeagle wrote:I was notified today that the holster I ordered in March! has shipped. Once I get it, and use it some, I'll do a writeup.
Wow. Long wait. It's good to hear yours is on the way. I'm interested in what you think of it once you've had a chance to wear it.
Take Care.
RJ

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

RJGold wrote:
baldeagle wrote:I was notified today that the holster I ordered in March! has shipped. Once I get it, and use it some, I'll do a writeup.
Wow. Long wait. It's good to hear yours is on the way. I'm interested in what you think of it once you've had a chance to wear it.
Yeah, it was a long wait. Especially since they stopped communicating with me in April, and they wouldn't return my emails. I was about to give up when I went to their website and read a notice that claimed they were very busy and they were just beginning to ship the March orders.

I understand that they're busy, but hire a teenager to respond to the emails, for crying out loud. Their customer communication is horrible. Let's hope the holster makes up for it.

Topic author
RJGold

Post by RJGold »

Yup. You were way more patient with them than I would have been. I was in the process of canceling my order through my credit card company when they shipped mine. They had stopped commicating with me as well.

Unfortunately, as long as we are still buying (and waiting), they are not likely to change their customer service approach. Those things don't change unless business is affected.

Let us know how you like it once you get a chance to try it out. I am anxious to hear your views on the spare mag holders.
Take Care.
RJ

GlockDude26

Post by GlockDude26 »

thanks for digging up this thread now I'm going to have to order one and hope it shows up before christmas :drool: So i'm guessing the dual mag holders wouldn't be worth ordering? stick to the single?
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

Robert*PPS
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Robert*PPS »

Good luck....ordered mine on April 3rd....and I'm still waiting. They have a facebook post that said they would update their voicemail weekly, but the last update was July 8th.

Edited to add: I take that back. A new update is on facebook as of yesterday that gives delivery estimates based off of order date. Mine is estimated to be shipped out beginning of next week.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I looked at the holster and it appears rather large and possibly hot to wear in the Texas summer heat.

Am I wrong?

Thanks

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”