Needing a holster for dress attire

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
dhyde79
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Needing a holster for dress attire

Post by dhyde79 »

I'm really liking the look of that Air Marshal 3....
May have to do that one...
I'm contemplating one of those IWB's but...I'll have to find a friend with one and try it first...

Teamless
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Teamless »

dhyde79 wrote:I'll have to find a friend with one and try it first...
If you are in Houston, I have a couple you can try, and depending on your waist size, a good gun belt with it.
PM Me if interested
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

txbirddog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txbirddog »

Comptac Minotaur conceals a FS M&P, 9c, or G19 everyday for me depending on my choice for the day. Tuck in and "blouse" out a little. Using a canted holster helps me considerably. They also make a good dress belt with kydex in it so very rigid.

BigBangSmallBucks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BigBangSmallBucks »

I thought I posted this in your thread a couple days back but I guess I posted it in the wrong thread.
http://www.highnoonholsters.com/In_The_ ... ugmentDraw

The guy on the picture has it tucked in and it's not noticeable but then again he is selling it.

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

I think this video does pretty good at highlighting how to wear it tucked in:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

Hickok45 has a good video showing some details on different holsters.

S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG

BigBangSmallBucks

Post by BigBangSmallBucks »

LAYGO wrote:Hickok45 has a good video showing some details on different holsters.

I watch his vids all the time on YouTube, didn't know he reviewed holsters. Now I'm thinking about trying a crossbreed or a galco kydex

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

BigBangSmallBucks wrote:
LAYGO wrote:Hickok45 has a good video showing some details on different holsters.

I watch his vids all the time on YouTube, didn't know he reviewed holsters. Now I'm thinking about trying a crossbreed or a galco kydex
The Crossbreed probably one of the originals, but I think the newer designs are better. Specifically ones that allow you to change the kydex shell w/o changing the backing or needing a whole new holster . . . just change the shell. Ones you can change the shell is featured in that video above: Minotaur MTAC. What I ALSO really like about the MTAC is the extra leather on the back. Just compare them in the video, the MTAC has covered the bolts that hold the shell & polished it. Also, AlienGear/Old Faithful have interchangeable shells. I'm sure some others do as well, but these are the ones I'm aware of.
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG

flechero

Post by flechero »

dhyde79,

I have 2 possible suggestions...

If you (or someone you know) sews... shorten the shirt tail on the side of your holster which allows you to tuck it in without a mess of fabric bunching up. I actually cut an upside down U around the holster for that situation in the past. Worked much easier in tucking. (can't shoot a pic as it was before I lost 60 lbs and no longer have the shirt.)

I might just rethink the jacket in the situation, if at all practical.

Good luck, and Welcome!

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

I carry a full-size M&P 40 or a 5" 1911 everyday in a Comp-Tac Minotaur with a DalTech Force gunbelt.

Tucking in my shirt is no problem. I sat through too many hours of depositions yesterday with 8 attorneys plus tech people wearing dress pants and a blue oxford cloth button down collar dress shirt.

I guarantee that no-one had any idea I was armed.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Teamless wrote:Derek

Assuming you also have a good gun belt (not just any belt that seems sturdy) you can use a holster like Crossbreed Supertuck to easily conceal a full sized Auto under a tucked shirt.
Once you get the belt and holster on, and tucked, YOU will notice a slight bulge, but no one else will.
what I do (more for my own peace of mind) is i 'pillow' out the shirt all around my body, so I don't have a bulge on one side, and nothing on the other.
I have carried under a tucked TSHIRT, and no one has ever noticed.
and almost daily I carry under an untucked Tshirt (not oversized) and have for a couple of years. never an issue.

Find someone in your area with a Crossbreed and a good gun belt, get them to let you try it on, and you will convince yourself quite quickly.
Crossbreed and Comp-Tac make excellent IWBs for just such a situation. As noted, puff the bottom of the shirt all around just slightly. Nature often does that for you as well. Also wear a pattern dress shirt. It helps to break up the lines like old battleship camo.
But I agree with others. A full size XDM is awfully large to be concealing in this manner. If this is something you are going to do regularly I'd look at the same caliber XDM concealable pistol. It will be easier to conceal and much more comfortable.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

RJGold wrote:TactiPac Fusion is an option (be ready for a long wait)...

I wear a CompTac MTAC with my XDm 9mm compact and have tucked in dress shirts as described by others here...
:iagree:
I have an M&Pc which is very similar but I've also used a Kimber Ultra Carry in similar manner.

Blindref757

Post by Blindref757 »

Any of the Crossbreed-Galco-AlienWare-OldFaithful type of IWB tuckable holsters will work for you. I wear them with golfing shorts and a tucked in polo and never get a 2nd look. Like the others said...a good belt designed to keep a gun supported is critical.

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

If you go with a jacket, you should check out the Sneaky Pete.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

LTUME1978

Post by LTUME1978 »

Another option is the Comptac Infidel with the shirt tucker strut. I have the minator as well but the infidel works better for dress shirts that must be tucked in. I have carried several different large pistols in this arrangement (M&P 45 compact, M&P45 full size, M&P 9 Pro, 1911 5"). The challenge is tucking in your shirt with the pistol in the holster (keeping the pants up). Suspenders help a lot.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”