Lead time for Alien Gear holster?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
miljet
Posts in topic: 5

Lead time for Alien Gear holster?

Post by miljet »

Can anyone give me an idea of how long it takes for Alien Gear to ship a new holster? I can't find anything on their web site that gives a clue.

Thanks

nocents
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Lead time for Alien Gear holster?

Post by nocents »

I oredered one about 10 months ago and it only took 7-8 days. I ordered another one 15 days ago and haven't received it yet. I did call and talk to them and the lady said sales are booming and they are 2 to 3 weeks behind. Mine should be near completion this week and then mailed. Regardless, these holsters are worth the wait.

Topic author
miljet

Post by miljet »

Thanks for the info. Trying to plan a camping trip early next month and wouldn't want the holster being delivered while I am away.

LAYGO
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LAYGO »

I got mine in less than 2 weeks when I ordered about 4 months ago. I like it. I don't like the clips compared to my MTAC though.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

Chuck Bullitt

Post by Chuck Bullitt »

I ordered one back in October and it took about 3 weeks.

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

LAYGO wrote:I got mine in less than 2 weeks when I ordered about 4 months ago. I like it. I don't like the clips compared to my MTAC though.
You do know that Comp-Tac will sell you extra clips, don't you? I swapped some extras out on a different holster maker's product and it made all the difference!
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

n5wd wrote:
LAYGO wrote:I got mine in less than 2 weeks when I ordered about 4 months ago. I like it. I don't like the clips compared to my MTAC though.
You do know that Comp-Tac will sell you extra clips, don't you? I swapped some extras out on a different holster maker's product and it made all the difference!
I do, just haven't gotten around to placing an order.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG

Topic author
miljet

Post by miljet »

Thank you all for the responses. I will figure on 2 to 3 weeks then. Makes my planning a little easier.

Dirthawking

Post by Dirthawking »

according to their facebook page they are currently 3-4 weeks out on orders. Please remember they do not count weekends in their time table as business days. So if they say 21 business days...personal experience here.
Some people simply need a high five, to the face, with a chair!

Topic author
miljet

Post by miljet »

Followup. Ordered Feb 7, received today - Feb 26. 19 calendar days.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

miljet wrote:Followup. Ordered Feb 7, received today - Feb 26. 19 calendar days.

What's you first impression?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
miljet

Post by miljet »

I am impressed. I have worn it around the house for a few days now. It has already shaped to my body. I think that I will like it.

First time putting it on was a bit of a hassle til I actually read the instructions. :roll: I like the extra hardware they send and you can't beat tha guarantee.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Good. Glad you like it.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

RJGold

Post by RJGold »

miljet wrote:I am impressed. I have worn it around the house for a few days now. It has already shaped to my body. I think that I will like it.

First time putting it on was a bit of a hassle til I actually read the instructions. :roll: I like the extra hardware they send and you can't beat tha guarantee.
You may want to consider buying some kydex clips from CompTac. They will fit that Alien Gear holster and make putting it on and taking it off a lot easier.

I put the CopmTac kydex clips on my Alien Gear holster and it works much better than the metal clips that came with it originally. It's also a lot easier on the belt.

The delivery time you ended up with is still better than many manufacturers have had in the last year or so.

My two cents.
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

RJGold wrote:
miljet wrote:I am impressed. I have worn it around the house for a few days now. It has already shaped to my body. I think that I will like it.

You may want to consider buying some kydex clips from CompTac. They will fit that Alien Gear holster and make putting it on and taking it off a lot easier.

I put the CopmTac kydex clips on my Alien Gear holster and it works much better than the metal clips that came with it originally. It's also a lot easier on the belt.

The delivery time you ended up with is still better than many manufacturers have had in the last year or so.

My two cents.
Those CompTac clips are $8.50 EACH! Wow. If that was for a pair, or $10/pr, ok. Seems like overkill & maybe they know they have the best clip design? Dunno.

But I could tell those clips would stop my pants from hanging up on the lowest mounting point of the holster.
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”