Summer carry xds

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
farmin
Posts in topic: 3

Summer carry xds

Post by farmin »

I recently sent my paperwork off for my CHL. I work on a farm and I am wanting to carry my xds all day in the heat. I also drive about an hour a day. So basically I am looking for something that won't make me too uncomfortable and is tuck able iwb. I have been checking out crossbreed supertuck with Velcro clip and their gun belt. My local gun store said that an all kydex option like the comptac flatline would be more comfortable in the heat. Or the comp tac ctac for kydex and leather. I am wondering what everyone here thinks. Is kydex more comfortable than the horsehide supertuck?

Thanks

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Summer carry xds

Post by WildBill »

Farmin - Welcome to the forum!

I work in an office environment so I can't help with your summer carry, but I am sure that others can give some good suggestions.
NRA Endowment Member

A-R

Post by A-R »

I personally can't stand the feel of kydex directly against my skin. But Comp Tac MTAC (similar to Crossbreed) works great for me in summer.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Get it made with horsehide as well, rather than bullhide, it will resist sweat going through better.

I use a Crossbreed Supertuck (IWB) all the time with a full size weapon, and in the proper location (for me, the gun is about 4:00), it is very comfortable all day long
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

I use a Crossbreed Super Tuck for my XDS and I am fine all day and night. I almost always wear a t-shirt under. You can also look at Kholster and White Hat.
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I vote for the Crossbreed as well as an undershirt.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

GlockDude26
Posts in topic: 2

Post by GlockDude26 »

my question is are you sure you need an IWB that's tuckable to work on a farm? what kind of farm is it to where you can't open carry or at least have an OWB? i've spent quite a few hours under the sun and i'm here to tell you that real work and IWB holsters don't go hand in hand. You might want to look into a hybrid OWB/IWB holster if you're dead set on having something IWB, but whatever you choose inside your belt won't be comfortable for long.... :tiphat:
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

Topic author
farmin

Post by farmin »

Ultra_Solo_Sig_0904 wrote:my question is are you sure you need an IWB that's tuckable to work on a farm? what kind of farm is it to where you can't open carry or at least have an OWB? i've spent quite a few hours under the sun and i'm here to tell you that real work and IWB holsters don't go hand in hand. You might want to look into a hybrid OWB/IWB holster if you're dead set on having something IWB, but whatever you choose inside your belt won't be comfortable for long.... :tiphat:
I will be working on a dairy. There will be other employees around me. I want to wear a tucked in shirt. what is another option for caring this xds then? A shoulder rig? I might be able to pull that off. An undershirt with a shoulder rig and then my tucked in collared shirt over? hmmm :confused5

thanks

chane

Post by chane »

I don't work on a farm but I have a couple of choices for mine that both work well. T-shirts are never a problem.
xds holster1.jpg
xds holster2.jpg

RJGold

Post by RJGold »

I don't work on a farm but listed below are two options I use for my XDm 9mm. I live in South Texas and our summers are brutal. I always wear an undershirt with either of these options to help with sweat.

Comp Tac MTAC

Tactipac Fusion
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

GlockDude26
Posts in topic: 2

Post by GlockDude26 »

farmin wrote:
Ultra_Solo_Sig_0904 wrote:my question is are you sure you need an IWB that's tuckable to work on a farm? what kind of farm is it to where you can't open carry or at least have an OWB? i've spent quite a few hours under the sun and i'm here to tell you that real work and IWB holsters don't go hand in hand. You might want to look into a hybrid OWB/IWB holster if you're dead set on having something IWB, but whatever you choose inside your belt won't be comfortable for long.... :tiphat:
I will be working on a dairy. There will be other employees around me. I want to wear a tucked in shirt. what is another option for caring this xds then? A shoulder rig? I might be able to pull that off. An undershirt with a shoulder rig and then my tucked in collared shirt over? hmmm :confused5

thanks
ohh okay i guess my recollection of working on a farm meant the other employees were family or some friends when their opinion was only negative when there gun was smaller :cool: I wouldn't think a shoulder rig would be any easier as you'd have to wear another shirt. (i wear my IWB with no undershirt.) it'd be tricky for a pocket holster depending on weither you're in a uniform or jeans/ t-shirts. if you go IWB i'll definitely second that a horsehide will be better than bullhide and either CB, White-Hat should do the trick with the velcro clips. just make sure you get a good gunbelt with kydex in it or your belt will sag eventually.
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

Topic author
farmin

Post by farmin »

I just placed an order for the crossbreed super tuck xds in horsehide. I guess I will find out for myself soon enough. I didnt order a gun belt yet. I want to see if this is going to work before investing more money. If this doesn't work I will probably have to get a ruger lcp for pocket carry…..

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”