my belt is sagging =(

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
GlockDude26
Posts in topic: 2

my belt is sagging =(

Post by GlockDude26 »

almost a year ago i ordered a belt from bullhide belts. now in their defense it wasn't in their gun belt section and was part of their western belt section. it was surprisingly thick and stiff when i first got it and has been until about a week ago all of the sudden lost all rigidity and started sagging with my little xds.45....

i remembered a holster i had made by tucker and byrd at texas leathercraft and how much i enjoyed it and the quality of it. so i ended up ordering a whole rig with a 1 1/2" ranger belt (with a kydex insert and stitched in velcro for my other IWB), a full pancake OWB holster, and double mag pouch. I should have it here in a couple weeks and i'll post some pics and initial review when i get it! i may update it periodically if there's any change worth noting!
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

NavyVet1959
Posts in topic: 1

Re: my belt is sagging =(

Post by NavyVet1959 »

I don't like to carry things in my pockets, so I just put them in my cover vest. As such, the only thing on my belt is whatever gun I'm carrying that day. I don't like tight belts, so my gun tends to drag my pants down a bit. To fix this, I just started wearing suspenders under my cover vest. Maybe it's not stylish, but it's comfortable and besides, I'm too old to care about "being stylish" anyway.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Ultra_Solo_Sig_0904 wrote:almost a year ago i ordered a belt from bullhide belts. now in their defense it wasn't in their gun belt section and was part of their western belt section. it was surprisingly thick and stiff when i first got it and has been until about a week ago all of the sudden lost all rigidity and started sagging with my little xds.45....
Just to present an alternative viewpoint, I have 3 gunbelts from Daltech Force and Bullhide Belts (same company). One is a single layer gunbelt, another is a double layer with stiffener, and the third is "indestructible superbio" belt. All three are designed as sold as gunbelts. I am wearing the 3rd belt as I sit and type this before going to work today.

All three of them are still holding up well and are as effective in holding up my full size handguns as the day I acquired them. :thumbs2:
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Get a Wilderness Instructor belt in five stitch or CSM and that little problem won't rear it's ugly head again. :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
GlockDude26
Posts in topic: 2

Post by GlockDude26 »

thanks for all of the suggestions, i have already ordered the set up i mentioned because i've experienced the quality of product from them before. i also wanted a belt that could do it all in one weither it be dress, IWB with velcro sewed in and OWB for comfort whenever i can. it should be here by the end of the month and i can't wait!
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

MoJo wrote:Get a Wilderness Instructor belt in five stitch or CSM and that little problem won't rear it's ugly head again. :tiphat:
:iagree:

I have two of them. One is brand new, and I just got it in the mail a couple of days ago. The other is about 5 years old and I've worn it nearly every single day since. It still does not sag and it is comfortable. I'm fittin' to send it back to have the velcro refurbished.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
MoJo wrote:Get a Wilderness Instructor belt in five stitch or CSM and that little problem won't rear it's ugly head again. :tiphat:
:iagree:

I have two of them. One is brand new, and I just got it in the mail a couple of days ago. The other is about 5 years old and I've worn it nearly every single day since. It still does not sag and it is comfortable. I'm fittin' to send it back to have the velcro refurbished.
:iagree: I also recommend the Wilderness Instructor Belt. I also own two of their fine belts.

As many times as I have endorsed their products, I wish I got a commission. Or at least a free belt. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”