Desantis Econobelt....anyone

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Ryan
Posts in topic: 4

Desantis Econobelt....anyone

Post by Ryan »

Has anyone ever seen or tried this belt?

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SE ... belt-1-1-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, it's cheap I know. I found it for $21 on ebay. But from the reviews online everyone says it's thick and very rigid and stiff and they would highly recommend it. And for someone like me who has extremely limited funds, it was about my only option.

I'm only asking for information about this belt. Please guys...I really don't need recommendations of other belts, or you should have bought this... as I've already ordered one of these. Was just wanting to know if anyone has experience with one.

Thanks

MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Desantis Econobelt....anyone

Post by MoJo »

Knowing DeSantis' quality it looks like you have a good belt. :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

I'm more concerned with performance than price, so a high price tag doesn't always equal to an amazing belt. However, sometimes you get what you pay for. Maybe you can tell us all what you think after wearing it for a few weeks.

Here's a youtube video " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I found pretty limited reviews and they were on amazon. I could not find any reviews in forums so I'm wondering if this is a product that most people skip over "because" it is so cheap.

Either way, I'm excited to receive it and I will for sure report back on my findings. I'm one of those people that have been carrying on my regular 10 year old, 1.5" leather dress belt and needless to say....I'm tired of the sagging and constantly hitching up my pants. So hopefully buying something made for the purpose of carrying will fix that problem.

It shipped today so should be in my hands soon :clapping:

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I have not used that belt but I use DeSantis belts exclusively. Good quality stuff.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Well, after almost of week of use I have to say that I am more than pleasantly surprised. The belt is thick, stiff, and very sturdy. It keeps my Alien Gear in a much better place on my hip and does not sag at all. It most definitely does what it was designed to do, that's for sure. I am still getting used to it though because I have never worn a belt designed to carry a gun. So it's taking some time.

BUT--I would highly recommend it for someone who is on a tight budget and can't spend the extra $$$ on something real nice. Although this belt is plenty nice enough for me. I rarely dress up for anything so it suits me extremely well.

The belt is all black with a black powder coated buckle. It's definitely nice enough to wear as a dress belt...at least for me anyway ;-)

FYI, if you do decide to order one, order it one size larger than you would normally wear. That may already be an unwritten rule for gun belts that I didn't know about...but it seems to run just a tad small.

If anyone has any other questions, please feel free to ask.

GlockDude26

Post by GlockDude26 »

the true test will be after 6 months to a year to see if it is a quality belt. i had what i thought was a quality belt but after a few months it sags so much that i can't even hold up my sig p938 (very small and light gun).
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

1s1k52
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 1s1k52 »

I ordered one long ago and sent it back. I know you said dont recommend another belt. However, if you get in a bind and need a belt. Walmart has belts by faded glory called "work belts" has a orange hard hat on the logo. I wear it at work holds up as a decent gun belt and I paid 13.00 for it. I have worn it for over 6 months the dickies belt they sell SEEMS stiff but wears out in 2 months.

good luck hope to hear something from you in 6 months.
(insert clever signature here)

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Ultra_Solo_Sig_0904 wrote:the true test will be after 6 months to a year to see if it is a quality belt. i had what i thought was a quality belt but after a few months it sags so much that i can't even hold up my sig p938 (very small and light gun).
:iagree:
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Well, it didn't take 6 months to find out that this belt is not going to last long. It's already getting a little flimsy. Now don't get me wrong...it is still working much better than a regular belt but it's not anywhere near as stiff as it was when I got it a few months ago.

1s1k52
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 1s1k52 »

if your more open to suggestions now try talon tactical or hanks clothing

http://www.hanksclothing.com/amish_belts_ccw.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.talontactical.com/belt-ring- ... -1126.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(insert clever signature here)

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”