AR Case

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
RJGold
Posts in topic: 2

AR Case

Post by RJGold »

Anyone got a recommendation on a good tactical case that will not be damaged by placing a hot weapon (recently fired) in the case?

Thanks for your help.
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

jasday
Posts in topic: 1

Re: AR Case

Post by jasday »

I know this is a little old but I'm venturing outside of the waiting room. I have a UTG soft case for mine and have never had an issue with the padding or straps melting onto the barrel. I've had it for a very long time and it works well. Has elastic loops for pistol mags and 4 AR magazine pouches with Velcro covers. It also has a holster in it that will hold large and medium frame pistols.
jasday

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I have a Voodoo Tactical soft case, and hot barrels have never been an issue.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Tactical Tailor
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I actually have never seen a barrel so hot that it would damage a soft case. I suppose if you were shooting until the barrel started to glow..... but as soon as you stop, the gun cools to acceptable levels fairly quickly.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I actually have never seen a barrel so hot that it would damage a soft case. I suppose if you were shooting until the barrel started to glow..... but as soon as you stop, the gun cools to acceptable levels fairly quickly.
I shot about 100 rounds through my AR pistol last week. Put everything away and then put the AR in the "soft case" and the muzzle hider melted right through. :banghead:

Topic author
RJGold

Post by RJGold »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I actually have never seen a barrel so hot that it would damage a soft case. I suppose if you were shooting until the barrel started to glow..... but as soon as you stop, the gun cools to acceptable levels fairly quickly.
I shot about 200 rounds ( 10 or 20 rounds at a time with delays for target change outs) through my new AR on it's first outing. The barrel was hot enough when I finished that I couldn't touch it (suggests temp above 140 degrees F).

Most of the cases had synthetic internals and I wasn't sure of the melting temperature of those materials. I wouldn't have questioned it except one vendor (I think it was VooDoo), mentioned specifically that their internals were good for hot barrels.

I ended up buying a ModGear Ultimate Carbine case from Cheaper Than Dirt.

I went out and shot this weekend and tested my hot barrel against the case material. No melting issues at all.

Thanks for the input on this thread. I appreciate the responses.
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

dryfly

Post by dryfly »

Larue makes a nice takedown style case.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”