Diy holster pic

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
asbandr
Posts in topic: 3

Diy holster pic

Post by asbandr »

After not finding a lot of holsters that worked for me, I decided to just make one myself. It was going to be something really simple, I just needed something to securely hold my gun without adding a lot of bulk. However, I had a lot of people tell me they didn't think I could do it, and that I shouldn't even try. Even my dad's response when I told him was a laugh and "good luck with that!" That raised the bar and while I still wanted something simple, it now needed to actually look good too! After the holster was finished I was hooked on leather working! So I made a mag pouch, and a small clip on wallet so I'll have a convenient way to carry my CHL when I'm out walking and don't have pockets. They aren't perfect, but I'm very proud of them and they perfectly suit my needs. The holster has excellent retention while being easy to draw from. I loved that I could set the cant and depth exactly where I needed them. Up next I'm thinking of trying a double clip holster and some style of thigh holster.
Attachments
image.jpg
I'm a mom who demands action. Single action, double action, single/double action. I'm an equal action shooter.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe. - Luke 11:21

MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Diy holster pic

Post by MoJo »

Looks good! :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

MoJo wrote:Looks good! :tiphat:
:iagree: Looks good to me. "Form follows function"
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

Looks like a kindergarten stitched them! All kidding aside, great job. :cheers2:

I'm just like you in that if I get challenged, I'm going to prove them wrong! ;)
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

Paul's Shield

Post by Paul's Shield »

wow. that is really. Just curious how you started or decided to do this other than not finding exactly what you were looking for? Did you just read up on how to?
"Just put that hammer down and give it h3ll" - Jerry Reid

Topic author
asbandr

Post by asbandr »

Ha. Ha. Ha. ;-) I just cut the pattern, my 5 year old did the stitching! All I had was an awl stitcher!

Aside from not finding what I wanted I mostly looked online and pieced together the basics. I drew the pattern for my gun, cut and stitched the leather, water molded it to my gun, then dyed and finished it. Same thing with the mag pouch and ID clip. Not trying to brag, but I'm really pretty crafty so it wasn't too hard to figure it all out.
I'm a mom who demands action. Single action, double action, single/double action. I'm an equal action shooter.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe. - Luke 11:21

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

asbandr wrote:After not finding a lot of holsters that worked for me, I decided to just make one myself. It was going to be something really simple, I just needed something to securely hold my gun without adding a lot of bulk. However, I had a lot of people tell me they didn't think I could do it, and that I shouldn't even try. Even my dad's response when I told him was a laugh and "good luck with that!" That raised the bar and while I still wanted something simple, it now needed to actually look good too! After the holster was finished I was hooked on leather working! So I made a mag pouch, and a small clip on wallet so I'll have a convenient way to carry my CHL when I'm out walking and don't have pockets. They aren't perfect, but I'm very proud of them and they perfectly suit my needs. The holster has excellent retention while being easy to draw from. I loved that I could set the cant and depth exactly where I needed them. Up next I'm thinking of trying a double clip holster and some style of thigh holster.

Wow! Pretty crafty! :tiphat:
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

Topic author
asbandr

Post by asbandr »

Husband said I can't buy anymore holsters. :( so I made another one. Now he wants me to make him one!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”