Elastic waistband holster

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
phoke
Posts in topic: 2

Elastic waistband holster

Post by phoke »

This very well may be a dumb question, but ill ask it anyway. So I am a young guy still in college and obviously love to wear just athletic shorts and tshirts. I already have a lion defense kydex holster in the mail for my main form of carry but obviously I cannot put that on a pair of nike shorts cause they would just fall off. I know you are supposed to dress around your gun which I fully intend to do, however, I have found these elastic waistband holsters that just wrap around your waist or belly. I was wondering if anyone has any experience/advice about those? I have thought about getting one for just when I just feel like wearing some relaxing shorts and tshirts and was seeing if anyone had any thoughts about that or any better ideas on how to carry wearing that sort of clothing? And if I am just being a ridiculous kid then thats great too haha

jmra
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Elastic waistband holster

Post by jmra »

My biggest concern with these is the lack of proper trigger guard. One of the things that I look for in any holster is that the trigger is covered and can not be "pulled" until clear of the holster. Will the material you are considering provide that level of protection?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
phoke

Post by phoke »

jmra wrote:My biggest concern with these is the lack of proper trigger guard. One of the things that I look for in any holster is that the trigger is covered and can not be "pulled" until clear of the holster. Will the material you are considering provide that level of protection?
Thats a good point. From what I can tell from the picture, which it pictures a glock 19 which is what I would be carrying, it seems to guard the trigger well. http://bellybandccw.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jmra

Post by jmra »

Met this guy at a gun show. Might be worth looking at.
http://www.kangaroocarry.com
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

gfmun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gfmun »

Crossbreed makes an elastic band holster setup with the holster made of kydex so the trigger is well protected. Rob Pincus has some YouTube videos showing it.

George

kbarrick

Post by kbarrick »

I have used one of these for some time, in particular when wearing suit pants and shirt w/tie. It completely covers the trigger guard and has worked well for me. It would be a little slow getting in action if needed but at least you would have a handgun with you.

Keith

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

This one has a hard plastic trigger guard. I might get one later this year...

http://www.thegungirdle.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

jmra

Post by jmra »

OldCannon wrote:This one has a hard plastic trigger guard. I might get one later this year...

http://www.thegungirdle.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks like a great Fathers Day present.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

I have used Smartcarry with a small 380 and it worked well. I understand the issue with covering the trigger but it has never been a problem for me. If you practice with what you carry you can safely draw the handgun. I guess it is possible to pull the trigger while in the holster but I think that is unlikely with the long trigger pull handguns I carry in it. This type of holster with small handguns makes you draw different anyway, more of using fingers than a traditional draw. It is not for everyone, I have a coworker that put a hole in his new fridge just laying his handgun down. With proper trigger discipline in most situations it should not be a problem for most people, it an adrenaline induced situation it may be more difficult. BTW, I usually wear longer basketball type shorts when using it. The thin nylon shorts print more and the longer basketball shorts hide it well.

jmra

Post by jmra »

mrvmax wrote:I have a coworker that put a hole in his new fridge because he pulled the trigger when laying his handgun down.
Fixed it for you.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

jmra wrote:
mrvmax wrote:I have a coworker that put a hole in his new fridge because he pulled the trigger when laying his handgun down.
Fixed it for you.
True, it did not fire by itself.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”