Walter PK380 with CrossBreed Supertuck

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Pluto
Posts in topic: 3

Walter PK380 with CrossBreed Supertuck

Post by Pluto »

I don't know if this is in the right section, but I recently purchased a Walther PK380 and a CrossBreed Super Tuck (horsehide) holster to carry with. I haven't acquired my license, but I have to say that this combination is ridiculously comfortable. I have crouched, laid down, sat, reached, you name it, it is comfortable. I know other opinions will surface, but this combination is going to work for me. The famous wally walk will be a breeze I can already tell. The problem? This has amplified the WANT for my plastic. Just thought I would post for anyone that may be on the fence with this particular combination. The state has had all my information since 5/12/14. The wait continues.
Attachments
image (1).jpeg
image.jpeg

Vol Texan

Re: Walter PK380 with CrossBreed Supertuck

Post by Vol Texan »

My wife carries the exact same setup - PK380 in a CBST - and you're right, it is ridiculously comfortable.

Here's my thoughts: the CBST is designed to be comfortable with a much larger gun. If you design the system to carry something bigger, and you end up carrying something smaller, it's all that much better.

I carry my full sized SP2022 in one, and it's great, but when I do put on my wife's (smaller gun, smaller kydex, but same sized leather), it feels diminutive by comparison, and just melts into the side like it should.

So yeah, mine is comfortable, but my wife's is ridiculously so.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Vol Texan wrote:My wife carries the exact same setup - PK380 in a CBST - and you're right, it is ridiculously comfortable.

Here's my thoughts: the CBST is designed to be comfortable with a much larger gun. If you design the system to carry something bigger, and you end up carrying something smaller, it's all that much better.

I carry my full sized SP2022 in one, and it's great, but when I do put on my wife's (smaller gun, smaller kydex, but same sized leather), it feels diminutive by comparison, and just melts into the side like it should.

That's awesome. I chose the PK 380 because I will be carrying at work and I lift, crouch, sit, reach, etc, very frequently at my job. Plus the pistol didn't have a bad price on it. I paid $431.92 for the pistol and $45 for the CBST. I found it second hand and had been used very minimal so I took it. I priced the same holster online and it was around $94 shipped.

RetNavy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RetNavy »

I have a CBST for my SR1911 which i use about 98% of the time... comfortable and dont have to worry about printing... just received another CBST for my wife's FNP-9 which is just as comfortable as my 1911 one... also received a Super Slide OWB for the FNP-9 which so far i like better than my Serpa ....

I drove for 5 hours to Missouri and back with the 1911 and hardly even knew that the weapon was on my hip...

and as you probably read throughout the forum.... a good quality gun belt makes all the difference too.....

RetNavy
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

budroux2w
Posts in topic: 2

Post by budroux2w »

I have a supertuck for my SR9 and should have another waiting on me for my Sig 1911 when I get home today along with a mini-tuck for the LCP. I'm really looking forward to trying out the LCP with the CBMT since 4 days out of the week I do have to tuck my shirts in.
NRA Life Member

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Pluto wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:My wife carries the exact same setup - PK380 in a CBST - and you're right, it is ridiculously comfortable.

That's awesome. I chose the PK 380 because I will be carrying at work and I lift, crouch, sit, reach, etc, very frequently at my job. Plus the pistol didn't have a bad price on it. I paid $431.92 for the pistol and $45 for the CBST. I found it second hand and had been used very minimal so I took it. I priced the same holster online and it was around $94 shipped.
As others have said...get a good quality gun belt. I got mine with the velcro loops already sewn into the inside of it, and my CBST has the velcro hook clips. You can't see it at all once I put it on, because no part of the clip is exposed.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Vol Texan wrote:
Pluto wrote:

As others have said...get a good quality gun belt. I got mine with the velcro loops already sewn into the inside of it, and my CBST has the velcro hook clips. You can't see it at all once I put it on, because no part of the clip is exposed.

What are other pros of a gun belt? I can draw with ease with my current belt and my clips do not show because of my work shirt length. I can see going to a casual or dress up event, but for your everyday civilian life (like mine) what are the pros?

budroux2w
Posts in topic: 2

Post by budroux2w »

Pluto wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:
Pluto wrote:

What are other pros of a gun belt? I can draw with ease with my current belt and my clips do not show because of my work shirt length. I can see going to a casual or dress up event, but for your everyday civilian life (like mine) what are the pros?
I litterally just got a true gun belt today, I've been carrying for 5 years with a nice thick belt from Khols. I threw the belt on and my full sized 1911 and i tell you... I dont know how i carried before without a true gun belt. Best carry purchase ever. It just holds everything right where it should and they dont move.
NRA Life Member

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Pluto wrote: What are other pros of a gun belt? I can draw with ease with my current belt and my clips do not show because of my work shirt length. I can see going to a casual or dress up event, but for your everyday civilian life (like mine) what are the pros?
It was this photo that did it for me, and I've never been happier with a purchase:

/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=72512&p=909978&hilit=+gun+belt+#p909978

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”