Delta Grip for J frame revolvers

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Delta Grip for J frame revolvers

Post by MoJo »

I purchased an Ergo Grips Delta Grip and installed it on my Taurus 85 Ultra Lite. While not a perfect fit, by removing the little pin on the butt of the frame I was able to install the grip. I was amazed how natural the grip feels! I haven't shot the gun with these grips but I'll try to shoot them before I have my knee replacement on the 30th. The picture is from Ergo Grips.
If you have a J frame and find the grip just isn't quite right for $20.00 you can't go wrong trying this grip. :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Steve
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Delta Grip for J frame revolvers

Post by Steve »

Interesting grips. I might give them a try. Currently use the factory boot grips on my snub nose.

loktite

Post by loktite »

Interesting. Without any research and just looking at the picture, my first impression is it would force an angle change at the wrist -- would be OK for close quarters where you wanted your hands closer for weapon security, but not so great for an arms extended position. Would love to hear feedback after you do some live round testing :tiphat:

ETA: Hope all goes as smoothly and as well as possible on your knee replacement.
NRA Endowment Member

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

I have a S&W 642 which I think is the same as pictured above. With the stock factory grip these little beauties have some pretty potent recoil. It would really bruise the webbing muscle between my thumb and fore finger. I switched to a Hogue Monogrip. It covers the backstrap completely which the stock grip didn't do. No more pain. The grip pictured above to start out with is the ugliest one I've ever seen. Guess that wouldn't matter if it works. To me it just doesn't look substantial enough for my large hands. Look forward to hearing more reviews.

stroo

Post by stroo »

I tried these as well. I liked them better than the original grip on my j frame although it would have taken some time to get used to the angle.

I also tried the Hogue oversized grip. I really like that a lot better. I find the recall is much more manageable and it is much easier for me to get a good grip on the gun. I shoot much better with the Hogue grips than with the original. And I can still pocket carry without any problem.

If anyone wants the Delta grips, I would be happy to sell them.

Steve
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Steve »

The Wall wrote:I have a S&W 642 which I think is the same as pictured above. With the stock factory grip these little beauties have some pretty potent recoil. It would really bruise the webbing muscle between my thumb and fore finger. I switched to a Hogue Monogrip. It covers the backstrap completely which the stock grip didn't do. No more pain. The grip pictured above to start out with is the ugliest one I've ever seen. Guess that wouldn't matter if it works. To me it just doesn't look substantial enough for my large hands. Look forward to hearing more reviews.
I have some Hogue Tamer Grip for my 642. They really help with recoil but I switched back to the factory boot grips because they conceal better for me. My Hogue Tamer grips are a pain to take on and off, otherwise I would just put them on for range session and take them off for carry. When I carry my 642 it's because I am looking for something even smaller than my Khar K9, the Monogrips made the 642 almost the same size.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”