Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
mtnthundr2
Posts in topic: 3

WTB: Stock for Westernfield 560/Noble Model 60A 12GA pump

Post by mtnthundr2 »

Hello all,

I am looking for a stock for my Westernfield Model XNH-560-8A 12ga pump shotgun (also referred to the Noble Model 60A). I've checked Numrich (out of stock), ebay (none listed) and searched the web with no luck. Popperts lists one for the model 60, not sure if it's the same,so I'll call them tomorrow. Someone told me that some of the the Mossberg 500 parts are interchangeable with the Westernfield/Noble so I bought one..... but it doesn't fit :sad:

Does anyone have one they want to sell or know where I might find one?
Thanks!
5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

MoJo
Posts in topic: 2

Re: WTB: Stock for Westernfield 560/Noble Model 60A 12GA pum

Post by MoJo »

Western Field was the brand that Montgomery Ward sold shotguns under there were two manufacturers of the model 560 Mossberg and Noble. I doubt the Mossberg parts will interchange with the Noble made guns. What is the reason for needing a replacement stock? If it is cosmetic you could possibly repair it or if your woodworking skills aren't up to it maybe a stockmaker could restore it. Good luck in your quest. :tiphat:

eta: Look at what Boyd's Gunstocks has to offer they have replacement stocks for the Western Field shotguns.
Last edited by MoJo on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
mtnthundr2

Post by mtnthundr2 »

MoJo wrote:Western Field was the brand that Montgomery Ward sold shotguns under there were two manufacturers of the model 560 Mossberg and Noble. I doubt the Mossberg parts will interchange with the Noble made guns. What is the reason for needing a replacement stock? If it is cosmetic you could possibly repair it or if your woodworking skills aren't up to it maybe a stockmaker could restore it. Good luck in your quest. :tiphat:
Thank you for the background info! The reason for replacement is that the top part of the stock is cracked on both sides and travels about 2/3rds of the way towards the butt. The stock retainer was damaged and the stock cracked during an unfortunate event. I was able to purchase the stock retainer and was hoping for a new stock but may just have to see if I can make this one work once I get the new stock retainer in place. The difficult part will be at the front of the stock, it has a very specific raised part that was damaged as well. I hadn't thought of a stockmaker, thank you for the suggestion.

MoJo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MoJo »

mtnthundr2 Take a look at Boyd's they have a lot of replacement stocks for old guns. I found what I think is your stock but, without having the gun in front of me I can't tell for sure. Call 'em.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
mtnthundr2

Post by mtnthundr2 »

MoJo wrote:mtnthundr2 Take a look at Boyd's they have a lot of replacement stocks for old guns. I found what I think is your stock but, without having the gun in front of me I can't tell for sure. Call 'em.
Thank you so much MoJo!! I called them this morning, they have exactly what I need and I'll have it by the end of next week! I really appreciate your help :tiphat:

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”