New Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Blindref757
Posts in topic: 1

New Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0

Post by Blindref757 »

My wife just got her plastic and I ordered her a new Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 the day they went live with their advertising.

We received it today (5 weeks) and I just have to say that this holster is super nice. Of course, the neoprene is really nice against the body (no undershirt needed) and the outer leather is very soft and supple. The leather is a lot thinner than the original AG holster. The Kydex is the same...thick and strong and the new clips appear to be a little easier to deal with than the old metal ones. All in all...this is much nicer than the original and is only $5 more. If you are in the market for a new thin and comfortable holster, you can't go wrong here.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 5

Re: New Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0

Post by carlson1 »

I ordered one of these and it arrived today. I am out of town and did not bring it with me since I have not yet ran it through a trial period.

It is extremely nice in the way it feels. I did order the loops because I have a problem with clips. I can't wait to get home and try it out.

They have an excellent warranty.

LAYGO
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LAYGO »

I have an CT 1.0 & I ordered another for my other M&Ps. I ordered a CT 2.0 for my buddy just to see what it's like. I wasn't sure I'd like the outer leather because of some reviews saying its a pleather like material . I wanted a more natural leather. I do like my Comp-Tac with the smoothed side against me as well.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Blindref757 wrote:. . .The Kydex is the same...thick and strong and the new clips appear to be a little easier to deal with than the old metal ones.
I do not think this holster is Kydex. It is more like a thin "plastic" verses the Kydex. It carries nice, but I do not think it can replace Comp Tac.

WinoVeritas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WinoVeritas »

"Kydex" is like "Kleenex" in usage - whatever AlienGear is using I've no doubt it is a 0.093" thick form of moldable thermoplastic acrylic-polyvinyl chloride same as Kydex. The precision of the AG molding is outstanding from my experience with their holster versus others of the same style.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

WinoVeritas wrote:"Kydex" is like "Kleenex" in usage - whatever AlienGear is using I've no doubt it is a 0.093" thick form of moldable thermoplastic acrylic-polyvinyl chloride same as Kydex. The precision of the AG molding is outstanding from my experience with their holster versus others of the same style.
I don't know how thick it is, but I do know it does not hold open like the Kydex on a Comp Tac or even the PHLSTER holsters. It wants to close when I remove the pistol which makes reholstering a little difficult.

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Scott B. »

Thirty days for delivery here. Ordered one for my 26 and am pleased so far. Can't beat it for the money.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

WinoVeritas

Post by WinoVeritas »

carlson1 wrote:
WinoVeritas wrote:"Kydex" is like "Kleenex" in usage - whatever AlienGear is using I've no doubt it is a 0.093" thick form of moldable thermoplastic acrylic-polyvinyl chloride same as Kydex. The precision of the AG molding is outstanding from my experience with their holster versus others of the same style.
I don't know how thick it is, but I do know it does not hold open like the Kydex on a Comp Tac or even the PHLSTER holsters. It wants to close when I remove the pistol which makes reholstering a little difficult.
I haven't had re-holstering problems, and if I did, for an IWB, I'm not spending much time quick drawing and re-holstering. In any case, should have sent it back for full refund if not to your liking - they have a great return and warranty.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

WinoVeritas wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
I haven't had re-holstering problems, and if I did, for an IWB, I'm not spending much time quick drawing and re-holstering. In any case, should have sent it back for full refund if not to your liking - they have a great return and warranty.
You sound offended. Do you work for Alien Gear? You need to read my original post.
carlson1 wrote:...It is extremely nice in the way it feels. I did order the loops because I have a problem with clips. I can't wait to get home and try it out.

WinoVeritas

Post by WinoVeritas »

carlson1 wrote:
WinoVeritas wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
You sound offended. Do you work for Alien Gear? You need to read my original post.
carlson1 wrote:...It is extremely nice in the way it feels. I did order the loops because I have a problem with clips. I can't wait to get home and try it out.

No, don't work for AG nor was any offense taken or proffered. I haven't had the re-holstering problem you mention, but then I may carry mine higher than you do. No big whoopee one way or another - my apologies if you took offence to my comment.

frreed

Post by frreed »

I just got my Cloak Tuck 2.0 last Saturday. Easily the most comfortable and concealable holster I have used.

I ordered J Clips to wear with dress clothes only to find they were not in the package. I called and was told they would send some out in the next few days. I got an email confirmation that they had shipped the next day. I received the package today and there was a set of J Clips, C Clips and Leather Loops. That is called exceptional customer service.

Just thought I would share my good experience.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Thanks for the reviews. I ordered one last week for a friend getting his CHL. I hope he likes it :cool:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

LAYGO
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LAYGO »

I don't really like the 2.0. I prefer the 1.0. The 1.0 leather will mold to your body, the 2.0 backing (whatever it is) just flexes, never really retaining a shape.

I do finally understand what someone was saying though about the 1.0 in some random comment I read on FB about AG 1.0: you lose partial function of the front/rear pocket on the holster side. It's because the leather extends so far out on the edge compared to my Comp-Tac. Plus I think Comp-Tac has the right idea of adjustability: clips with many holes vs holster with many holes.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

LAYGO wrote:I don't really like the 2.0. I prefer the 1.0. The 1.0 leather will mold to your body, the 2.0 backing (whatever it is) just flexes, never really retaining a shape.

I do finally understand what someone was saying though about the 1.0 in some random comment I read on FB about AG 1.0: you lose partial function of the front/rear pocket on the holster side. It's because the leather extends so far out on the edge compared to my Comp-Tac. Plus I think Comp-Tac has the right idea of adjustability: clips with many holes vs holster with many holes.
Combine the two...I use comp-tac c-clips on a crossbreed supertuck. The ride height/cant options are multiplied.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”