Poll: What's Your EDC CCW Holster?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

What holster(s) do you regularly use to carry your EDC CCW gun(s)?

IWB, tuckable such as Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe
30%
IWB, untuckable such as Milt Sparks Summer Special
9%
OWB
21%
Crossdraw such as Desantis Doc Holliday
1%
Shoulder, over clothing such as The Original Dirty Harry Holster
2%
Shoulder, under clothing such as Kangaroo Carry
2%
Minimalist plastic holster such as Raven Concealment Systems, Alamo Tactical or Versa Carry
4%
Holster Vest
1%
Pocket Holster
14%
Holster Grip
0%
Belt Buckle Holster
0%
Holster Neck Chain or Lanyard
No votes
Fanny Pack or Belt Bag such as Wilderness Tactical
2%
Paddle Holster
5%
Ankle Holster
2%
Sticky clipless holster such as Remora Holsters & Desantis Nemesis
2%
Holster Undershirt
2%
Holster Underwear such as Thunderwear and Smartcarry
1%
Belly Band
2%
Handbag Holster
0%

Total votes: 462

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Poll: What's Your EDC CCW Holster?

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

GlassG19 wrote:
airborned wrote:I mostly carry a desantes soft tuck inside waist band tuck able holster with a Taurus 709.

Hello, please forgive me, I'm sure I'm in the wrong thread but just can't find the correct one.
Since it seems a few of you have owned DeSantis leather holsters before I thought you may know my answer & could help. I bought a DeSantis Black IWB leather holster w/ C belt clips, (Love it!) for my GLOCK 19, (Love it also!) My question & concern is; the outside of my gun (around barrel area, slide) is getting lighter in color (not solid dark black) due to the dye in the leather. Should I reholster only after the gun cools down or is there something I can due to restore the original "dark black color" on my GLOCK? It just doesn't look right. It looks like my gun has faded in color. Or should I get a different IWB holster, (Kydex, or some other material)?? I certainly would be be very grateful for any answers or recommendations from anybody else too.
Very Thankful,
M. Glass
I think you are confused. It is not possible to make Glocks look worse than when they are new. Ugly = ugly = ugly. And this is from a proud owner of 4 Glocks (at the moment).

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GlassG19 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:
airborned wrote:I mostly carry a desantes soft tuck inside waist band tuck able holster with a Taurus 709.

Hello, please forgive me, I'm sure I'm in the wrong thread but just can't find the correct one.
Since it seems a few of you have owned DeSantis leather holsters before I thought you may know my answer & could help. I bought a DeSantis Black IWB leather holster w/ C belt clips, (Love it!) for my GLOCK 19, (Love it also!) My question & concern is; the outside of my gun (around barrel area, slide) is getting lighter in color (not solid dark black) due to the dye in the leather. Should I reholster only after the gun cools down or is there something I can due to restore the original "dark black color" on my GLOCK? It just doesn't look right. It looks like my gun has faded in color. Or should I get a different IWB holster, (Kydex, or some other material)?? I certainly would be be very grateful for any answers or recommendations from anybody else too.
Very Thankful,
M. Glass
I think you are confused. It is not possible to make Glocks look worse than when they are new. Ugly = ugly = ugly. And this is from a proud owner of 4 Glocks (at the moment).
So you Love them too! :smilelol5:
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

GlassG19 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:

Very Thankful,
M. Glass
The key to loving them is to understand what they are, and what they are not. They are a solid, dependable work truck, not a flashy Ferrari.

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GlassG19 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:

Very Thankful,
M. Glass
The key to loving them is to understand what they are, and what they are not. They are a solid, dependable work truck, not a flashy Ferrari.

AMEN!

:cheers2:
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

Deitz83
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Deitz83 »

OWB 90 %, Ross Gun out of South Africa or Tucker & Byrd SST, IWB 10 % Garrett Industries Original Silent Thunder.

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 1

Post by J.R.@A&M »

It's summer and I am pocket carrying in an Uncle Mike's just about everywhere except at work. After August 1st I will be deep concealing in my university office and on my commute, using Galco Ankle Gloves and a DeepConceal shoulder rig.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”