Remora Carbon Carry Holster?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
WaitingGame
Posts in topic: 3

Remora Carbon Carry Holster?

Post by WaitingGame »

Hi all, I'm looking to get my first holster and was considering this one. Does anyone have any experience with it or with Remora holsters in general?

http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/CARBO ... -p/cch.htm

wally775
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Remora Carbon Carry Holster?

Post by wally775 »

I cannot comment on the holster you are interested in but
I have several of their other holsters and like them very much.

They have always been fair and professional in my dealings
with their product.

:tiphat:

Texsquatch
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texsquatch »

You will not beat their customer service. I own several of their no clip and pocket holsters and have no problems. I'm sure their new model will be worth the risk (then you can tell us all about it before we buy one) ;-)

WinoVeritas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WinoVeritas »

I'll surely not knock Remora holsters as I own several of their standard no clip holsters (in fact expecting another any day), but that style holster, I don't see any benefit to have the standard Remora backing. I'd be more inclined to go with AlienGear since it has adjustable retention (not riveted) heavier 'Kydex' type material, excellently molded to your specific weapon, heavier leather and optional leather/vinyl combo and at a much better price level - and includes free shells for life if you change CCW. Just my 2 cents. It sure seems several of the makers of holster are trying to become the supplier of all things rather than staying with that which made them popular and/or a good deal.

Topic author
WaitingGame

Post by WaitingGame »

WinoVeritas wrote:I'll surely not knock Remora holsters as I own several of their standard no clip holsters (in fact expecting another any day), but that style holster, I don't see any benefit to have the standard Remora backing. I'd be more inclined to go with AlienGear since it has adjustable retention (not riveted) heavier 'Kydex' type material, excellently molded to your specific weapon, heavier leather and optional leather/vinyl combo and at a much better price level - and includes free shells for life if you change CCW. Just my 2 cents. It sure seems several of the makers of holster are trying to become the supplier of all things rather than staying with that which made them popular and/or a good deal.

I looked into the AlienGear and some of the things I've read are mixed especially with the ease of re-holstering. But then again, this is my first holster and from what I understand from the community, I'll end up with a drawer or to full of them. Thanks for the input though, I'll probably get an AlienGear also and start my collection!

Topic author
WaitingGame

Post by WaitingGame »

Texsquatch wrote:You will not beat their customer service. I own several of their no clip and pocket holsters and have no problems. I'm sure their new model will be worth the risk (then you can tell us all about it before we buy one) ;-)
I've always wanted to be a pioneer!
wally775 wrote:I cannot comment on the holster you are interested in but
I have several of their other holsters and like them very much.

They have always been fair and professional in my dealings
with their product.

:tiphat:
I think i'm going to do it. So far I've read nothing but good things about Remora.

WinoVeritas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WinoVeritas »

WaitingGame wrote:
WinoVeritas wrote:I'll surely not knock Remora holsters as I own several of their standard no clip holsters (in fact expecting another any day), but that style holster, I don't see any benefit to have the standard Remora backing. I'd be more inclined to go with AlienGear since it has adjustable retention (not riveted) heavier 'Kydex' type material, excellently molded to your specific weapon, heavier leather and optional leather/vinyl combo and at a much better price level - and includes free shells for life if you change CCW. Just my 2 cents. It sure seems several of the makers of holster are trying to become the supplier of all things rather than staying with that which made them popular and/or a good deal.

I looked into the AlienGear and some of the things I've read are mixed especially with the ease of re-holstering. But then again, this is my first holster and from what I understand from the community, I'll end up with a drawer or to full of them. Thanks for the input though, I'll probably get an AlienGear also and start my collection!
I read too about hard to re-holster and have no idea what that's about as I have absolutely no problems. The AG is no different than any other of my leather/Kydex holsters other than being made of sturdier materials. As I've posted before, their molding a better than any I've seen in the market - better than the over priced Cross Breed, which I no longer own as I sold them for what I paid for the AlienGear. Not knocking CB, just believe they're over priced - thought that before AlienGear came on the scene.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”