Wallet

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

gljjt
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wallet

Post by gljjt »

Vol Texan wrote:I strongly recommend that you employ some sort of RFID blocking wallet if you use any cards at all. You'd be amazed how easy it is to steal key facets of your identity by simply walking near you with an RFID reader.

These walletswill help protect you from this.

I travel extensively, and I use both an RFID blocking wallet, and a similar one for my passport.
Rogue Wallets RFID Ballistic Nylon Wallet - I'll have get one of these. In case I get shot in the right rear!!

LDB415
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LDB415 »

I haven't found any independent test results but this outfit gets some good reviews.

http://www.idstronghold.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And this one has a very convincing website but doesn't look as convenient as they suggest. I'm spoiled by a conventional wallet with slots so I see my stuff though.

http://www.flipsidewallet.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

LDB415,

Thanks!

I came across "Identity Stronghold" about an hour ago and think that's where I'll buy a 10 slot Bifold @ $29.99 each, no shipping if I buy over $50.00 worth and that's the plan - a tan one for me, and a black one for her.

I called them up and asked if there is any sort standard of RFID protection such as a UL rating or whatever...

Answer: Not at this time. Patents are also pending, but of all I've researched "Identity Stronghold" seems the leader of the pack...

In addition, some of the other brands of RFID wallets admit in very small print that they aren't 100% protective.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I neglected to mention that the chief complaint of plastic RFID wallets, is the latching mechanism failure rate.

The Flipside review I read was the best out there for this style wallet. Apparently, they're built very sturdily and their latch (at the 6 month point anyway) was still working.

For me though, their models don't hold enough cards / money and for me they look a bit girly. Studly guy that I am, I can't have that. O.K., let the belly laughs begin...

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

AdioSS wrote:I came close to getting one like Jules Winnfield's, but wasn't so sure of how that might go when searched at work.
I think that would depend how you walked the walk when they tried to search.
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty."
III

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

gljjt wrote:Rogue Wallets RFID Ballistic Nylon Wallet - I'll have get one of these. In case I get shot in the right rear!!
I hate to break it to you but that's a front pocket wallet.
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty."
III

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

C-dub wrote:If I wore a suit or sport jacket more I always wanted one like this to keep in the inside breast pocket.
[ Image ]

:evil2: That is a good way to lose it to a pickpocket.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Orrus

Post by Orrus »

I like Saddleback leather myself. He is a Texas based company as well.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I believe he offers some RFID gear but I am not sure what exactly. I know he does Passport holders that are RFID protected. I cannot tell how proofed they are but I love their stuff.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Abraham wrote:I've been looking into RFID wallets and so far everyone I've reviewed failed to pass the RFID test.

One brand seemed to be the one I'd buy, (Access Denied) until I read a review that one purchaser said the RFID failed his test.

So, I'm still looking.

I'd be willing to spend up to $75/100, but I won't spend a .05 cents until I find one that actually works as claimed.

If any of you know one that absolutely will pass the RFID test, I'd be mighty appreciative.
A true Faraday cage must have no leaks. I imagine it's pretty difficult to produce a wallet that seals and doesn't allow any electromagnetic leakage --though it may well reduce the range from which anything in the wallet can be read.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

PaJ

Post by PaJ »

I use a Money Clamp. I never really liked wallets for fear of pick pockets. This gives me an easy way to carry a few cards and some cash in my front pocket. Strangely, I get quite a few compliments on it too. I've only had one break in several years. When the one I have now breaks, I'll get another. http://www.moneyclamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ELB

Post by ELB »

LDB415 wrote:If you don't go rfid check http://www.bigskinny.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
+1 on Big Skinny. I got this one: http://www.bigskinny.net/moto.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, took the chain off, and I love it. Holds all my stuff, very flat. Had it for few months now, and it has held up well.
USAF 1982-2005

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

Vol Texan wrote:I strongly recommend that you employ some sort of RFID blocking wallet if you use any cards at all. You'd be amazed how easy it is to steal key facets of your identity by simply walking near you with an RFID reader.

These walletswill help protect you from this.

I travel extensively, and I use both an RFID blocking wallet, and a similar one for my passport.
Agreed! As a matter of fact every modern smartphone has RFID built in and there are apps to turn it into a RFID reader. In other terms, any criminal with technical skills can read and record what information is on your cards or your cell phone if it has RFID and if it is turned on. Good advise is the wallet with RFID shield and turn it off on your cell phone in less you really need it.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Skiprr »

As someone else mentioned, I use a Rogue front-pocket, RFID-blocking wallet (http://www.rogue-industries.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). I use a bi-fold, black leather version that has brass point-clips; don't know if they still make it.

No wallet will ever be a true Faraday cage. But then, no likely RFID thief will be anything but a drive-by opportunist with a hand-held device. Decent protection is far better than no protection.

And if you want to go one more step, you can put the credit/debit cards you know contain an RFID chip into a for-purpose blocking sleeve that's FIPS 201 approved. That's what I do. Card goes into the RFID blocking sleeve; sleeve goes into the RFID blocking wallet. Not perfect, but the combination is pretty tough for a walk-by hacker to tap.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Winchster

Post by Winchster »

Orrus wrote:I like Saddleback leather myself. He is a Texas based company as well.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I believe he offers some RFID gear but I am not sure what exactly. I know he does Passport holders that are RFID protected. I cannot tell how proofed they are but I love their stuff.
Best leather stuff out there. 100 year warranty on everything. I love his products.
What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?

4LOKO

Post by 4LOKO »

How long do you need to zap cards in the microwave to fry unwanted RFID tags?

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”