Problem with nylon magazine holster

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
LeakyWaders
Posts in topic: 3

Problem with nylon magazine holster

Post by LeakyWaders »

I wear a nylon, Barsony Double Magazine Holder Pouch http://www.barsonyholstersandbelts.com/ ... uch/Detail for a Sig P938 on my weak side at the 9 o'clock position. While at the range over a month ago I noticed that two rounds had been ejected from the forward magazine and were sitting in the bottom of the pouch. Since that time I have randomly checked the magazines and at least once per week I find at least one round has ejected from the magazine. The loose round is consistently found in the pouch closest to the front of my body. I suspect that when I sit, the bottom of the pouch makes contact with my left upper thigh. Since the nylon is not rigid, the round is not protected from the pressure against my leg.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with nylon mag pouches? If so, have you found a solution? Alternatively what double mag pouch/holder have you had success with? I am now considering kydex double mag holders. Recommendations are appreciated.
Pants Up.......Don't Loot

TresHuevos
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Problem with nylon magazine holster

Post by TresHuevos »

I occasionally carry the single mag version of the Barsony nylon carrier and haven't had a single problem. Have you checked to see if the lips were possibly bent?
Now you have me nervous... :headscratch
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic deeds." - C.S. Lewis
My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?

Topic author
LeakyWaders

Post by LeakyWaders »

TresHuevos wrote:I occasionally carry the single mag version of the Barsony nylon carrier and haven't had a single problem. Have you checked to see if the lips were possibly bent?
The feed lips on both magazines look fine. The only thing I notice is when I remove a full magazine from the pouch the top round has sometimes slid forward by 1/4 inch.

Charlies.Contingency
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

LeakyWaders wrote:
TresHuevos wrote:I occasionally carry the single mag version of the Barsony nylon carrier and haven't had a single problem. Have you checked to see if the lips were possibly bent?
The feed lips on both magazines look fine. The only thing I notice is when I remove a full magazine from the pouch the top round has sometimes slid forward by 1/4 inch.
Have you found out the issues with this yet? And does this happen whenever you face the magazine either direction, or facing towards the rear? I wear at my 10:30, so the whole carrier usually sits on top of my thigh. If it only happens whenever you have sat down at all, I would suspect that it's possibly from hitting your thigh, but that's just a guess. I'm not familiar with how hard those carriers are down there, but if I used my finger from the outside of my nylon, I could push a round forward from pushing on the side. That's the reason I prefer leather, less give, and it looks good. ;-)
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

Topic author
LeakyWaders

Post by LeakyWaders »

Charlies.Contingency wrote:
LeakyWaders wrote:
Have you found out the issues with this yet? And does this happen whenever you face the magazine either direction, or facing towards the rear? I wear at my 10:30, so the whole carrier usually sits on top of my thigh. If it only happens whenever you have sat down at all, I would suspect that it's possibly from hitting your thigh, but that's just a guess. I'm not familiar with how hard those carriers are down there, but if I used my finger from the outside of my nylon, I could push a round forward from pushing on the side. That's the reason I prefer leather, less give, and it looks good. ;-)
No, I have not identified the issue yet. Shortly after posting on this problem I received a new holster for my 45 and I have not been wearing the 9 mm magazine holster. I have been wearing a nylon double magazine holster with 45 cal Springfield XDM mags made by the same company and I have had zero issues it. I wear both magazine holsters at the same 9 o'clock position. I'm wondering if it has to do with the Sig magazines. This evening I changed back to carrying the Sig 9 mm and I reversed the position of the magazines so that the bullet faces the rear rather than the front. I'll see if that makes a difference. I have every intention of replacing the nylon mag holster for the 9mm mags just out of the need for peace of mind. My preference is for a double kydex mag holster over leather but I'm not having much luck finding one that is not overly bulky.

Charlies.Contingency
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

LeakyWaders wrote:
Charlies.Contingency wrote:
LeakyWaders wrote:
No, I have not identified the issue yet. Shortly after posting on this problem I received a new holster for my 45 and I have not been wearing the 9 mm magazine holster. I have been wearing a nylon double magazine holster with 45 cal Springfield XDM mags made by the same company and I have had zero issues it. I wear both magazine holsters at the same 9 o'clock position. I'm wondering if it has to do with the Sig magazines. This evening I changed back to carrying the Sig 9 mm and I reversed the position of the magazines so that the bullet faces the rear rather than the front. I'll see if that makes a difference. I have every intention of replacing the nylon mag holster for the 9mm mags just out of the need for peace of mind. My preference is for a double kydex mag holster over leather but I'm not having much luck finding one that is not overly bulky.
Well good luck! It's never a good feeling having that doubt, peace of mind is a very good thing to have. I only continue to use guns and brands that have never failed me, for peace of mind primarily. I just can't trust a M&P after neither mag would lock into place, even if they ever resolve the issue, just that memory is enough for me not to carry one if my life is having to depend on it.

I've never had any real problem with open top hard plastic mag carriers either, just the fact that they like to snag onto things more than anything else. Leather is the way to go in my opinion, but it's heavy and bulky, but it looks slick as heck, especially if you go western like me, and wear all matching leather from you belt to your boots. ;-) Let me know if reversing the direction of your mag/mags do anything with the issue. I figured the would be more like to be pushed out if faced to the rear, but knows. I'm particular in to which way I face my mags, as the must face away from each other for some reason, maybe I'm just a little OCD.
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”